fozzy

Total Scratch build of the front end of a B17G!

Hi everyone

Its great to be back!

Its been a long summer in UK with many things happening...what with illness in my family and a few other problems ..it is good to be back here in Bulgaria and more importantly to my workbench ;)

I always find it hard to get back into the swing of modeling after a long break and I have been putting it off for a few days but sooner or later I just have to finish this B17G project!!...I was thinking of making a quick kit before getting back into the scratch building lark...(which I still might do)

So last night I had a go at continuing with the cockpit with something simple and decided to make the Autopilot box....Usual materials were used...plastic and wire.....here it is................

k001_zpsf47b82fe.jpg

Here it is glued into position................

yt006_zps739eecf9.jpg

hgf008_zps9330a78d.jpg

yt001_zpsaabe0310.jpg

yt009_zps5f903e9f.jpg

yt005_zps97dacd49.jpg

It really is great to be back modelling again...I do miss it when I am nowhere near a bench!!!! smile.png

Ok then........in a few days time I will have another post for you with more cockpit work......... I really would like move on with this to get it finished for next summer and maybe get it up to Telford!....so much to do though!! sad.png

cheers for now!

Fozzy

Guest Peterpools

Fozzy

Great to see you back at the bench and working on the B-17 again.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

I missed your build entirely Martin.  :oops:

This is great! Some shots are very deceptive ... Is it a reference photo or a model ....

Will be watching from now on. 

I missed your build entirely Martin.  :oops:

This is great! Some shots are very deceptive ... Is it a reference photo or a model ....

Will be watching from now on. 

Hi Tomek...glad to have you on board!....all the snaps are of the model..taken with my cheapo Nikon Coolpix!! ;)

Morning Chaps...once again a BIG thank you to all who have commented on this build :)

...............and so we continue!

Today's post is all about scratching the panel that fits in behind the central console....I took my time with this panel/box as it has lots of weird switches and knobs and things :o ....I found it very fiddly to say the least!! and was glad when I had finally glued it in position! :whistle:

Here is the real panel taken from a B17G taken from the Warbird Information Exchange off the internet...............

IMG_7139_EGSU_AUG2011_G12_zps86eeed60.jp

So after measuring up for the scale I set about cutting bits of plastic and came up with this....as near as I could possibly make in 1:20 scale...................

yt006_zpsdd36d546.jpg

yt008_zpsa663014d.jpg

yt001_zps8e82b5c6.jpg

I then placed the box onto the front of the central console............................

fff009_zps8497fe55.jpg

....and then as usual glued it all in position into the cockpit and took some snaps.....here they are.............

fff006_zps169bb12b.jpg

yt009_zpsf8185962.jpg

yt022_zpsf0025233.jpg

My next post will be getting away from control panels and onto the two control column's!...

I have just noticed that I am up to page 18 on this build! ohmy.png ....I do hope you can all stick around to the end!...as I have a nasty surprise for you all!...something I have been worrying about for the last couple of months....at this moment in time I feel that the 2 fuselage halves are not going to fit together! blush.pngblush.pngsad.png

I had a look yesterday and everything seems to have shifted out of line...I think its because of the extreme heat we have here in Bulgaria that the 2 halves are warping!. unsure.png ..so God only knows how I am supposed to finish this!!I am going to have to think carefully how to proceed else the whole project will be a waste of time!

Meanwhile...I will just continue...because I have to really!! ....

until the next post................

Fozzy

Thanks Loic and Kev.....I think there will be possibly more than 18 pages to come!!! :unsure: ...it will probably take up 18 pages just to put the fuselage halves together!!! :hmmm:

Guest Peterpools

Fozy

Just gorgeous work and the detail is spectacular.

Keep 'em coming

Peter