Intruder "just the finish"!

P Stoner

More progress today on the speed brakes and exhaust area. Nose and anti-glare done as well. One or two coats of clear and I'll be ready to decal, and can't wait till I get to the wash!

29.jpg

30.jpg

Paul

Looking awesome!

I really like your paint scheme :thumbsup: !

I like the A-6 enough that I'll probably end up building enough of them to represent all of the different nose colors: Black, white, cream (Like yours), and several two-tone fuselage paint schemes. Not to mention building the different variants of the A-6: EA-6 and KA-6D.

A little trivia:

The air brakes behind the engine exhaust were never used. Why? Because they worked so well that it totally interrupted the air flow to the horizontal stabilizers. So said air brakes were bolted shut.

Very long and stressfull day, but was able to get home and have enough time to get some decals on one side of the fuselage! You can tell it's a decal mutt! But it looks like what I was looking for, hopefully we'll have some decal sets soon!!

34.jpg

36.jpg

A very good guy, Patrick (petrov27) made a awsome decal of the 145th's lion they carried in 1969. It's really the best decal on the kit! Many thanks Patrick, it looks very nice on there. Only wish the picture could show the fine detail on the lion!

37.jpg

35.jpg

Paul

Guest Peterpools

Paul

Glad to see the decals are going on. Can't wait to see all the markings and decals on and ready for her loadout.

Keep 'em coming

:popcorn: :popcorn:

Paul

Glad to see the decals are going on. Can't wait to see all the markings and decals on and ready for her loadout.

Keep 'em coming

:popcorn: :popcorn:

was going to be 28 MK-82s, but I just couldn't make that many, fingers were cramping up!!!! So I'll just use 22!!! I know what's 6 more!!

Very long and stressfull day, but was able to get home and have enough time to get some decals on one side of the fuselage! You can tell it's a decal mutt! But it looks like what I was looking for, hopefully we'll have some decal sets soon!!

34.jpg

36.jpg

A very good guy, Patrick (petrov27) made a awsome decal of the 145th's lion they carried in 1969. It's really the best decal on the kit! Many thanks Patrick, it looks very nice on there. Only wish the picture could show the fine detail on the lion!

37.jpg

35.jpg

Paul

Wow, that looks terrific! I really like it.......Ive always had a thing for CAG birds too (hence my ZM SPAD build) Love the Rampant Lion too..........especially considering my own rendition almost covers my entire back

MyLion_color_4.jpg

Cant wait to see this thing w/the loadout of bombs on it!

34.jpg

Paul

Looking great, dude!