1:32 Kingfisher anyone?

Iain

I'm definitely in for one. One of my fondest memories as a child was visiting the USS North Carolina with my dad before he died. Back then (late 70's), you could crawl all over the kingfisher they had on the stern. I remember my dad talking to one of the guys working there and getting permission for me to sit in the cockpit. I've been waiting for one in 32nd scale ever since. Would love to do a dio of the one off the Carolina.. There's a pic somewhere of the pilot cruising up next to the ship with 5 or 6 rescued sailors or pilots clinging to the floats and on the wings (can't remember the exact scenario). That or on a catapult.... Or both!

Thanks for bringing it to my attention Iain!

Cheers,

Jerry

Well, the Kingfisher was on Silver Wing's list of releases, and they did mention that one of their kits was being considered for Injection Molding.... so we could just assemble the pieces and see who the manufacturer probably is....

I'm excited for one. It should be just about the perfect size in 1/32 scale for display, with enough room for all of the detail to be present in it.

Matt :party0023:

Oh yeah, bring it on, so i can change my vac fisher into a "supposed to be, but never was eventually" dutch navy kingfisher.

I'd really like to see this IM version, cool.... :thumbsup:

Edited by Jack

I have already E-mailed him @: Proteus440@msn.com to let him know of my peaked interest

Brian: piqued.

:coolio:

I suspect this could be the Silver Wings kit. SW has been talking about releasing their first IM kit, and the Kingfisher could be it.

Kev

Yellow Wings and WWII blues and greys, either one is extremely cool. I'd like one in the colors of the Kingfisher rescued by O'Kane and crew on the Tang when they picked up all of those shot down aircrew.... it could only be better if there was a 1/32 Gato submarine to go with it (and space to display it, oh well).

Tnarg