A tale of two Phantoms - an odyssey about to begin...

Iain

It's going to be a suck it and see Ashley - like many of us I've been wanting to build a Brit toom since, well, forever - and in the absence of a kit/decent conversion I thought I may as well crack on...

Still pulling stuff together and a couple of things I want to clear off the decks before I cut styrene...

But - it's only plastic - how hard can it be?? :)

Iain

Cool!

Nice project Iain. :) I too have always like the Brit phantoms............except for the gear. Just as the F-4K box demonstrates, the super elevated nose gear always to me, makes it looks like it has a "California lift" (higher in the front of the vehicle than the back) and always made them look a bit goofy IMHO. I really like the wider intakes though.

Id love to do a Spay phantom as an in flight display to mitigate the goofy stance of the gear.

Looking forward to this one!

It's only the 'K' (FG Mk 1 in UK parlance) that had the extended leg - and I think it looks just awesome jacked up and on the bridle ready to launch from HMS Ark Royal - which is what I'm intending for mine.

Not sure what colours to do the 'M' (FGR Mk 2) - suggestions welcomed - but leaning towards grey/green rather than later greys.

Iain