1/32 HK B-25J - Time to finish this beast

LSP_Ron

Guest Peterpools

Ron

Super work on the freehand air brushing .. looking mighty good. the post shading breaks up the OD very nicely.

Keep ;em coming

Peter

Thanks,

There was some serious cussing going on in the hpbby room tonight. Cleaning resin flash from wheel spokes,  32 spokes per wheel.  The Eduard wheels don't fit right either.  The kit wheels slide onto the axil and the vertical center line of the wheel lines up with the CL of the nacelle like it's supposed to. The Eduard ones are offset by at least 3/32". Going to take some modes to make them look right.

Thanks folks, clear coat tomorrow.  Big job on a big plane. I am going to decal, dull coat and weather in separate bits.  That's a first..... but to large and to heavy to swing around in the work area.  I'll weigh this when done and post. It's a brick. 

Inspiring work, Ron.

You've got me fired up! As soon as my current bird is done I'm clearing the whole workbench for the glass nose B-25 that's waiting its turn in the stash.

BTW, I think the OD is going to look way better than British dark green when all's done. OD shades/fades more interestingly than just about any other military color, IMO. Right choice.

Edited by AdamR

Thanks,

Decals are done but I'll hold off on pics because the roundels are super glossy and won't photo well.  When I opened my AM decals I found out they have no roundels.  I wasn't planning to use the HK ones as they looked super thick, super glossy and I didn't think they would react to any sol.  But I have no spares this size so I tried a lower wing one and to my surprise they are actually not bad at all. The reacted very well to micoset and microsol and sucked into all detail.   So anyone thinking of use them, they are actually good.

Thanks

I did take a few pics after a quick dry assemble. I can't wait to start chipping and pastel weathering. I think I will skip a panel line pin wash on this one and stick to pastel. I will also paint all the intake areas semi gloss black, I didn't want to mess them up by hollowing them out.

Cheers

98g2Ctm.jpg

ApfWeOS.jpg

QqLK9CJ.jpg

HBDoz2h.jpg

b3WYxat.jpg