Silver Wings - News

Silver Wings

Does anyone know if they're actually still in business? Website has not been updated in seven years...

Honestly, the fact that so many people don't even know if they are still in business is a pretty telling indicator of how well they were doing I think. With a website thats not updated and kits that seem virtually impossible to find, I think its fair to say that a readily available and high quality LA-5 would probably still do pretty well even if they ARE still extant. I'm guessing with the number of people that ask about it, and its apparent availability, the markets still there for one.

Honestly, the fact that so many people don't even know if they are still in business is a pretty telling indicator of how well they were doing I think. With a website thats not updated and kits that seem virtually impossible to find, I think its fair to say that a readily available and high quality LA-5 would probably still do pretty well even if they ARE still extant. I'm guessing with the number of people that ask about it, and its apparent availability, the markets still there for one.

Mr. Muzikant from AZ Models/Legato still speaks about releasing the La-5 family in 32nd scale. Everything has been postponed since he radically changed the way of his business towrds production but now he started to produce and I hope we will see La- 5 in some not too distant future. I will hopefully talk to him at Modelbrno show (which unfortunatelly will be the last one) and surely ask him about it.

Jozef

Mr. Muzikant from AZ Models/Legato still speaks about releasing the La-5 family in 32nd scale. Everything has been postponed since he radically changed the way of his business towrds production but now he started to produce and I hope we will see La- 5 in some not too distant future. I will hopefully talk to him at Modelbrno show (which unfortunatelly will be the last one) and surely ask him about it.

Jozef

Cool Jozef an La-5.........................I would love to have one, but not willing to part with what it would take to get a CWs version

I for one am gratefull that you guys are considering a Boeing Stearman.

Like I've said before, the industry has neglected the classic trainers for far too long.

Now that we have the T-6 and the Stearman coming, all we need is the Curtiss Jenny!

:please:

:piliot:

Mike West / LSM talked about doing a Jenny. He has done a whole pile of artwork in the smaller scale for the Lindberg kit (1/48) and I assume he would upscale his barnstormer art to 1/32. Is it still on his list and one his mind? Don't know. He did recently release another interior (Curtiss BF2C) in the "golden age" plane era, so he may be still at this. I am still hoping for his fuselage conversion kit to back date the BF2C, but all of his releases will depend upon the market, just like Silver Wings do.

Please keep buying Silver Wings kits so they make more. I really want to see the rest of their list come true.

Tnarg

Haha!

If I someday got a Jenny in 32nd.............and since I already have the Roden Dr I in my stash..................I could re-create "The Great Waldo Pepper" Dio I always wanted as a kid................... :hmmm:

• 2 months later...

Excellent!

So many other markings are possible that I can't hardly decide which ones I like best. Estonian, Danish, Swedish, Latvian, Spanish (civil war), Australian, and the list goes on... even the US Navy bought some.

Tnarg

• 2 weeks later...