Silver Wings - News

Silver Wings

Not only did I not know that the Craftworks La 5 was still available, I didn't even know that Craftworks was still in business! Fair enough to avoid it then I guess, though I suspect a Silver Wings La 5 would be superior.

Kev

Well, the last copyright date on the Craftsworks website is 2006, so you might want to check with them before getting too excited

Edited by eoyguy

I have been trying to contact Craftworks for a while now about their La 5... But I never get any replies... The one person that I know of that did get a La 5 in the last 6 months, said it took 18 months to sort out.... So I would welcome a Silver Wings La 5! I would at least get a couple for myself and I know a couple of others in my office that would get one too

So please don't drop the La 5 from you list!

Regarding the La5 I gave up with the Craftworks website and have a "saved search" on eBay looking out for the kit but no luck so far, the proverbial hens teeth, and no doudt that the price would be outside my reach even if I found one.

Cheers

Dennis

Edited by dennismcc

Our own Dave Pratt is leaving the hobby and was/is selling a CW La 5 for sale on this very site -

Craftworks La-5

$250.00 USD is not an out of range price for one either. Ive seen them going for more. Just like the 2nd release of the CW Me-410, IMHO they are in the "OOP" category and about as hard to get as you can find.

Oh dear, I hope that 7 changes back to a 5 - I emailed Craftworks regards buying the La-5 kit years ago, never had a reply. I'd buy an early and late La-5.

Maybe you should have a mini poll La-5 v La-7? Just to gauge interest.

In fact we've always wanted to release the La-5 but knowing about the Craftworks, we've changed our plan to the La-7.
But since the La-5 is not available - we can get back to our previous thought :)
No problem.

Guys, what about the other releases? Many of them are pretty advanced... Some of them might be releases in plastic if everything goes well. We'll share more information soon but would like to know your personal opinions.

We don't have any experience in cooperating with world's largest distributors, selling IP kits....

In fact we've always wanted to release the La-5 but knowing about the Craftworks, we've changed our plan to the La-7.

But since the La-5 is not available - we can get back to our previous thought :)

Great news, good to see the Falco on the list - hope it comes with Hungarian and Swedish decals. :goodjob:

Edited by Kagemusha

Great news, good to see the Falco on the list - hope it comes with Hungarian and Swedish decals. :goodjob:

And is hopefully followed by the Re2001 and Re2002, the Re2005 is available from PCM.

As to the rest these are the ones that still float my boat and I would buy them at a reasonable price, not everyone's cup of tea but then again life would be ever so boring if we all liked the same things.

7) 1:32 Yak 9

10) 1:32 PZL P.11 - in progress

11) 1:32 La 5

12) 1:32 Fokker DXXI

13) 1:32 American T-6 Texan

Cheers

Dennis

Edited by dennismcc

It's a great list that will make a lot of people happy, but I was sad to see the P.11c move down the list to #10. I will be patient though, at least it is in progress and maybe the delay is for injection molding... :) I will likely buy three of those to start.

Of the others, the Jak 9 is next for me. I will buy more than one depending on the version D, M, P or U. The rest are interesting, but not subjects that will attract me to buy. That of course is just me.

I think the Bulldog will do well for you ( I might buy that one ). The Stearman and the LA 5 are great choices for plastic kits if you can do it, they will sell. I think the Texan would be a bestseller, and I would keep that one in mind anyway. It depends on who the other company was that announced they are doing a 1/32 kit. If it's Hobbycraft then I wouldn't worry, that has been on their list for years and they seem to have stumbled as a business.

Just some thoughts from one person...

Cheers,

Richard

Edited by R Palimaka

Of I think the Texan would be a bestseller, and I would keep that one in mind anyway. It depends on who the other company was that announced they are doing a 1/32 kit. If it's Hobbycraft then I wouldn't worry, that has been on their list for years and they seem to have stumbled as a business.

Its not Hobbycraft...