Kinetic Hawk RAAF, FINISHED!!!!!!!!

ericg

Guest Peterpools

Eric

Brilliant progress and the weathering is perfect. A while back, I coined the phase.. Used but not Abused as my thoughts on how a weathered but well maintained aircraft should look. Proud to say, you captured it perfectly.

Keep 'em coming

:popcorn: :popcorn:

Looking forward to seeing it after the flat coat goes on. Personally, my least favourite part of the build process is this phase - the decalling/all shiny bit. A question: should the end of the front det cord be hidden by the framing. It may just be the angle of that one particular photo but it looks like the cord ends short of the frame (i.e. doesn't connect to anything).

Hi Dave, looking at this pic:

http://motty.hobbyvista.com/Articles/Photos/Canopy-01-01.jpg

It appears as if it is very close to edge, hopefully as I have depicted it.

A bit more progress, and it is nail bitingly getting close to the finish line, which for me is this Friday, when hopefully it will be packed in a box for me to carry it to the Melbourne Expo this weekend.

Ejection seat progress, one is almost ready, the other is not!

null_zpsd54ab7d9.jpg

I have applied the final Flat coat which I have chosen Gunze Flat clear. It gives a good trade off between not too matt and not too shiny, ie: it still gives some of the natural light a chance to bounce off the raised edges. Here it is sitting pretty well on its gear, minus main wheels:

ca805169-8e27-4ee3-9406-ae720db83c1f_zps

null_zps6a841b53.jpg

Here are the 16 BDU-33's ready for a clear coat then a wash:

null_zpsa9044917.jpg

In a moment of inspiration I masked up the leading edges of the wings and sprayed the protective tape that these machines have applied to them. This was a mix of Future and Tamiya Smoke.... I should have thought of this a long time ago... Oh well!

null_zps08a7900d.jpg

HI Dave, yes, 4x CBLS pods. Should look something like..... This:

null_zps90415c1f.jpg

The BDU-33's arent fully seated yet as I made them to be a press fit, they still need to be lined up.

null_zps7d46611a.jpg

Eric, truly magical modelling there man and thanks for the little tutorials along the way.

Can't wait to see it with wheels on and pictures of it at the expo.

Brad