NEW TAMIYA 1/32 OFFERING.

krow113

That statement came from the editor of Tamiya Magazine, Marcus Nicholls. You can take it for what it is worth.

Mike

Marcus doesn't say much..."I'll have pre-production kits in about six-seven weeks time and we will be putting together a book on it, in the style of our books on Tamiya's Spitfire, Swordfish, Beaufighter and Mustang. I'm aiming to build a couple of models for the book, all going well. Now, time to do the research... I'm sure the news of the specific aircraft will be out soon through the usual channels, but I would be strung up by the sphericals if I blabbed here now! happy.gif". But it does point to an all new kit .

Edited by williamj

Must be nice to get those pre-production kits, being able to get the aftermarket ready before the kit is even out. I noticed that the B-25 am stuff arrived before the kit was out,or so it seemed. Too bad for the poor cottage industry slobs tryna get in on the am action. Seems a little collusionary.

Dontcha just love our wonderful world?

Oh yeah ,and yer right Cees , this is the greatest thread ever, in the history of threads,mankind, and model-making in general.

Edited by krow113

This future release may actually have more speculative interest than the WNW Fokker D.VII threads on the WWI sites, if that is possible. We have three versions of those kits, with another (D.VII F) on the way. One can only hope that the rumored kit from Tamiya is just as spectacular (or more). They can't let WNW show them up, can they?

I certainly wouldn't complain about anything Tamiya does, other than to ask them "Please Sir, could I have some more?" Well, maybe if it was a 109...,, but we'd still buy some.

Tnarg

This future release may actually have more speculative interest than the WNW Fokker D.VII threads on the WWI sites, if that is possible. We have three versions of those kits, with another (D.VII F) on the way. One can only hope that the rumored kit from Tamiya is just as spectacular (or more). They can't let WNW show them up, can they?

I certainly wouldn't complain about anything Tamiya does, other than to ask them "Please Sir, could I have some more?" Well, maybe if it was a 109...,, but we'd still buy some.

Tnarg

Well....I don't think we have to worry about a 109/190 this time...at least I hope not.

I know Marcus from TMMI said publicly that he is already working on a "How to build the Tamiya XXX-XX" and from what has been posted by someone else....we can assume it's a WW2 USN bird (probably with bent wings ;-)), is officially due in the May, but info will creep out before then. It has also been promised to raise the bar once again and I for one will buy at least two if it is anything US. If it turns out to be a 109/190...it will have to be spectacular to sell me on buying one....I'm just sayin'

Edited by ghostmech

Well....I don't think we have to worry about a 109/190 this time...at least I hope not.

I know Marcus from TMMI said publicly that he is already working on a "How to build the Tamiya XXX-XX" and from what has been posted....we can assume it's a WW2 USN bird (probably with bent wings), is officially due in the May, but info will creep out before then. It has also been promised to raise the bar once again and I for one will buy at least two if it is anything US. If it turns out to be a 109/190...it will have to be spectacular to sell me on buying one....I'm just sayin'

You could be right about it being a USN bird,wouldn't that be nice?? But... Tamiya have done one Axis fighter,out of 4..three Spits and the Mustang including Korean and chrome plated versions..And Ghostmech,with respect..you had stated earlier on another site " Even those that are not fans of the particular aircraft will be very tempted."

I'm betting it's an Axis bird followed by ?? who knows. Whatever it is,if it's as nice as hinted,I'll be on it like Michael Moore with a Fudgsicle..

Edited by williamj