NEW TAMIYA 1/32 OFFERING.

krow113

I have finally started my first big Tamiya bird (F-16 C/J Fighting Falcon), and while the quality of the molds and the fit are awesome, the amount of "knock out" or sink holes rivals anything I've seen with Trumpeter, and many of them in places that will show when finished. Curious.

I have finally started my first big Tamiya bird (F-16 C/J Fighting Falcon), and while the quality of the molds and the fit are awesome, the amount of "knock out" or sink holes rivals anything I've seen with Trumpeter, and many of them in places that will show when finished. Curious.

I don't remember the Tamiya F-16CJ being that bad when I did one.......

TamiyaF-16C-1.jpg

TamiyaF-16C-002_zps3b0adb56.jpg

Where specifically are you talking about?

Edited by ghostmech

The point where my Falcon starved was when I knocked the radome off for the third time with hardly any effort. Just to small of an area for the glue to build a bond.

The kits are a brilliant showcase of whats possible in moldmaking nowadays, but that makes building them, at least for me, extremely difficult, though in different ways than other kits. The extreme tight tolerances e.g. had it that I had to use way more filler than with most other contemporary kits, save shortruns.

I was certainly not impressed.

While I want that Corsair, I am really holding out for the Viggen or maybe a Martin B-10B and a couple of Curtiss Shrikes in all their variations. I'd take a Tiger Cat in "Big Boss Man" markings, or even go back to the Draken and Saab 105 (unless Derek makes that happen). And I'd not complain about an OV-10 in Cal Fire markings, but somebody better own up to doing a P-6E after scaring both Silverwings and Lone Star out of doing one. All in the right scale of course (1/32, duh).

But they said WWII, didn't they, and XXX-XX, so it pretty much says that the Corsair is highly likely. In the immortal words of Rocky and Bullwinkle "Are they friendly spirits (or kits), Bullwinkle? I dunno, lets watch and see".

Tnarg

These threads ALWAYS turn into an individual wish list and ALWAYS bring out the most unlikely picks, not only improbable, but even impossible ones.

We must keep in mind that we are talking about Tamiya and who runs it and who they aim for....especially when it's one of their flagship kits. IF you do that, all these picks of Hurricanes, Viggens, and the Curtiss OU-812 need not apply. There are only two realistic picks at this point....a Corsair and an outside chance of a 109. Given the clues that have been posted here and elsewhere, it strongly suggest it's the F4U-XX Corsair.

I can only imagine how very cool Tamiya will do this bird with the folding wings and its unique retractable landing gear, not to mention the detailed P&W 2800 and the cockpit. Hopefully they will offer it in a Sound and Action version as they did with the Zero. I still have one unbuilt in the stash and it is an awesome kit....

1-32TamiyaZero1-1.jpg

1-32TamiyaZero2-1.jpg

Well my simple reasoning is that they have done:-

Japan - Zero

Great Britain - Spitfire

U.S.A. - Mustang

That leaves Germany. Possibly a 109 but I am hoping for a 190.

Lovely to see some common sense shine through an eclectic sky. enough clues given to sort it out,to what is obvious.

xx xxx-xx I'm in for a couple.