1/32 Tamiya Spitfire IX

DonH

Looks great Don! Very neat paint work mate.

Kev

This is going to be one sexy Spitfire. :) Nice progress!

She looks resplendent in those colors Don, VERY nice!

Don

Looking just gorgeous.

Keep 'em coming

:popcorn: :popcorn:

Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like it ! Looks great............Harv

Great looking Spitfire you have going on their :wow: I hope my MK VIII comes out like your IX does :rolleyes:

Thanks guys!

The next step is stencils. I am going to try dry transfers, so another experiment around the corner!!

I have removed all the remaining pieces from the sprues. There isn't much left but I have the feeling it's going to take me some time to get them all attached.

Cheers

Don

Very nicely done Don! She's really looking great. Be careful with the dry transfers. They're a bit of a learning curve to use and I found that a good dedicated burnishing tool is well worth investing in. I also found them difficult to apply over compound curved surfaces and wound up using decals on the underside of my Spitfire. They DO look fantastic when applied properly though. I'm certainly not trying to discourage you in any way just giving you a heads up. The 1st one I laid down I managed to crack the paint underneath by burnishing too hard. Maybe I'm just a little too ham-fisted, LOL!

Cheers,

Wolf

Very nicely done Don! She's really looking great. Be careful with the dry transfers. They're a bit of a learning curve to use and I found that a good dedicated burnishing tool is well worth investing in. I also found them difficult to apply over compound curved surfaces and wound up using decals on the underside of my Spitfire. They DO look fantastic when applied properly though. I'm certainly not trying to discourage you in any way just giving you a heads up. The 1st one I laid down I managed to crack the paint underneath by burnishing too hard. Maybe I'm just a little too ham-fisted, LOL!

Cheers,

Wolf

Wolf,

Thanks for the heads up!! The last thing I want to do at this stage is stuff it up, so your warning is very good timing

Cheers

Don

Very nice Spit Don, have two to build one day :goodjob: I like all the detail you did on the engine.

Regards

Richard

Thanks Richard,

I also have another two to build (in 1/32 scale) and they will be OOB. The engine was fun but it is a one-off, I am not doing that again!!

Cheers

Don

No pics today, but just a quick update to say that I am loving dry transfers.

I am about half way through the stencilling and it is sooo easy. Line 'em up, rub 'em down, looks like they are painted on.

Now I've said that I will mess up but, so far, things are good. No messing with water, setting solutions etc. I will do this again sometime!

Cheers

Don

Now then, all the stencils are done using dry transfers. No carrier film and no need to gloss up with Future. I like it a lot.

Some quick pics to show progress so far. I couldn't resist hanging the engine and prop on the front to get an idea of what the final model will look like. I won't add them permanently until the very last thing.

Next step, weathering and final details. Close, so close!

RY4A0076_zps1099cf79.jpg

RY4A0072_zpse328b25e.jpg

RY4A0077_zpse6e4d3d1.jpg

RY4A0078_zps6e8d0bea.jpg

Cheers

Don