1/32 Tamiya Spitfire IX

DonH

Guest Peterpools

Don

Great to see you back at the bench and enjoying the wonders of the Tamiya Spitfire.

Incredible detailing and I'm simply blown away by the wonderful and delicate work.

Keep 'em coming

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Great looking front end, Don. Love the colors.

I bought a Merlin Packard Engine Maintenance Manual from this fellow:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=&item=370591679151&pt=UK_CPV_Aviation_SM&_osacat=0&hash=item5648fc42af&_ssn=longchalk-64&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR9.TRC1&_nkw=spitfire&_sacat=0&_from=R40

This is an ebay listing of his Spitfire stuff.

Here's another. It has scrolling pages. You're able to see what is in the manual.:
http://aviationshoppe.com/merlin-engine-packard-documents-manuals-a-26.html

Sincerely,

Mark

Fantastic work Don :wow: I'm glad to see you are back on it. Hope to see it finished soon I was looking at your Spit and thought something was wrong with the guns (outboard gun looks lower than inboard). but its the angle of the wing to camera. (Had to pull my unfinished one out to see!!!!) I have to stop looking at all these great builds like your's and finish mine. B)

Cheers

Vandy

Don

Great to see you back at the bench and enjoying the wonders of the Tamiya Spitfire.

Incredible detailing and I'm simply blown away by the wonderful and delicate work.

Keep 'em coming

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

wow!

Absolutely stunning - looks so real it's stunning.

Gotta get myself one of those spits...

Thanks guys, appreciate all the kind words

Great looking front end, Don. Love the colors.

I bought a Merlin Packard Engine Maintenance Manual from this fellow:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=&item=370591679151&pt=UK_CPV_Aviation_SM&_osacat=0&hash=item5648fc42af&_ssn=longchalk-64&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR9.TRC1&_nkw=spitfire&_sacat=0&_from=R40

This is an ebay listing of his Spitfire stuff.

Here's another. It has scrolling pages. You're able to see what is in the manual.:

http://aviationshoppe.com/merlin-engine-packard-documents-manuals-a-26.html

Sincerely,

Mark

Thanks Mark,

This isn't a Packard Merlin, so beware of following some of the details as it is different for the Merlin 66.

I have the manual from aviation shoppe, it was incredibly useful in sorting out some of the final bits of detail.

I also have the complete set of Spitfire plans and Merlin engine manuals from Aviation Blueprints. Good stuff, but it has taken. Me a year to decipher some of the info. I think I could build a 1:1 version in my sleep at the moment [ :)]

Edited by LSP_Kevin

Great work so when do you think you will start the engine for its first run.

Johan

Thanks Johan,

Not sure when I can start the engine. I have a source for engine oil but finding 1/32 aviation fuel is proving more of a challenge :)

OMG, it looks REAL! Stunning work, and impeccably presented- bravo!

Awesome wiring Don! It does indeed look very real. Great work.

Kev

Thanks for the responses, it is nice to have some positive feedback after the hard grind. My wife thinks it all looks good but she is biased.

Fantastic work Don :wow: I'm glad to see you are back on it. Hope to see it finished soon I was looking at your Spit and thought something was wrong with the guns (outboard gun looks lower than inboard). but its the angle of the wing to camera. (Had to pull my unfinished one out to see!!!!) I have to stop looking at all these great builds like your's and finish mine. B)

Cheers

Vandy

Vandy, you scared the life our of me about the guns! I can see what you mean, but you are right, it is the perspective of the photo. PHEW!!!

Go get your Spit out now and start work again, let us see some pictures :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just a small update today...

I have this.....

IMG_0204_zps437ee7b9.jpg

and this.....

IMG_4349_zps62a6aa9c.jpg

But will they fit together ??????

Phew....

IMG_0568_zps4a376e84.jpg

Now I can get on with touch ups, flat coat, weathering and intercooler plumbing.

The oil tank is propped under the engine at the moment and will fit better when I wield the liquid stickystuff.

Hope you like

Cheers

Don