1/32 Tamiya Spitfire IX

DonH

Looks Great :wow: Don Keep the post coming.

Thanks, it may be a bit delayed as I have work commitments in the coming weeks that may slow me down but I want to get the engine finished and move onto the exciting aeroplane bits.

Great-looking details, Don. Good job!

Sincerely,

Mark

Thanks Mark, I am enjoying it.

Are you serious?!?!?! The level of detail on this build is crazy, Subscribed.

Haha, yes, and the research for it has been crazy and loooong but I think I am near the finishing line now.

Cheers

Don

Guest Peterpools

Don

Fantastic work on the Big Merlin and the firewall details

Keep 'em coming

:popcorn: :popcorn:

OMG !...........Harv :popcorn:

No, just a naughty boy! Thanks Harv

I saw and commented on another website about this stupendous work. Way to go!!

J

Thanks Jerry, all comments very much appreciated!!

Don

Fantastic work on the Big Merlin and the firewall details

Keep 'em coming

Peter, thanks. I hope to have the Merlin finished this weekend with luck and a following wind. Then I can concentrate on the bit with wings on.

I take my hat off to you Sir................ :clap2: Superb work!

Right back at ya, I am enjoying your build of MH434.

Cheers

Don

• 2 weeks later...

So, at last the Merlin is done. I am pleased with the results.

_MG_0902_zps590b24eb.jpg

_MG_0904_zpsf43cbd7c.jpg

_MG_0906_zps972585db.jpg

_MG_0910_zpsea3412c4.jpg

_MG_0916_zps390f093b.jpg

_MG_0918_zpsd03a3d22.jpg

There is so much lead wire and extra bits that I am a little worried that the plane won't sit on it's tail wheel!!

Now that's done, I can turn my attention to the bit with wings! Bottom and first top coat is done. Green camo next.

_MG_0922_zpsde631e08.jpg

Talking of the camo, these came in the post this week.

_MG_0931_zps0f3b9b42.jpg

I highly recommend Mal Mayfield's Miracle Masks as I have used them before with excellent results. I was extremely pleased to find that he does camo masks for the Spit. I am looking forward to using them this week. Mal also sent roundels and codes for my Spit but also included masks for the yellow wing stripes and the wing walk lines. More than I expected and very welcome extras! Excellent customer service.

Hope you enjoy the pictures.

Cheers

Don

Guest Peterpools

Don

Gorgeous work on the Merlin and all the plumbing up front under the cowl. Looks simply tremendous. :thumbsup:

Great idea using the masks for the roundels as I had a awful time getting the roundels to sit down over the various bulges on the wings, not to mention Tamiya decals shattered everywhere. I wound up using as Many EagleCal decals as I couood and should have used nothing but. The masks shoudd completely eliminate all the problems I had and will certainly look better when done.

Keep 'em coming

Engin is amazing ! Great weathering........Harv :popcorn:

Thanks Harv. Weathering is done with ProModeller washes. Slap it on and rub it off. That is about as sophisticated as I can get.

Don

Gorgeous work on the Merlin and all the plumbing up front under the cowl. Looks simply tremendous. :thumbsup:

Great idea using the masks for the roundels as I had a awful time getting the roundels to sit down over the various bulges on the wings, not to mention Tamiya decals shattered everywhere. I wound up using as Many EagleCal decals as I couood and should have used nothing but. The masks shoudd completely eliminate all the problems I had and will certainly look better when done.

Keep 'em coming

Thanks Peter, the first time I used Miracle Masks, I was amazed at the results. For large scale models, I won't use decals - the masks give a much better outcome IMO. They are more fiddly but the final look is worth it. Having said all that, let's see if I can manage to stuff it up on this build!

Cheers

Don