HK Models B-25J news

KenLawrence

An LSP review would be most welcome. Having said that, I think I'll have to pass on the glass nose J and wait for the H and/or J gunships. IF there's any left after I get the gunships, I'll consider the glass nose.

On a slightly different subject, I took a close look at some of the sprue shots and some built up photos (one set by Tom Cleaver) of the unpainted cockpit and to my eye, something looks slightly askew. The following items are extremely minor and in no way suggest that the kit is anything less than fantastic. I'm sure it's my eye but I am seeing the pilots and copilot's seats looking a bit "shallow" as far as where you put your fanny (aka seat bucket). I can't find any good shots of the seats online and my reference doesn't show a good photo either. I hope I'm seeing things. I also thought that the rudder pedals looked a tad bit small. Again, it's probably my eye and not the kit but those two things (and only those two things) jumped out at me when I looked cloesly at online build reviews. Since nobody esle mentioned them, I'm inclined to think it's me and not the kit. Even if my eye is correct and these things prove to be "off", I'm still buying either the H or the J gunships (and possibly both). Miniscule items such as the two mentioned above, don't deter me from emptying my wallet and sinking my #11 XActo into sprues. If needed, I'll correct it and be done with it.

Edited by TimC

Steve,

"Will you be supporting LSP by providing the staff with a sample for review? Or otherwise providing samples to another site, and merely using this Forum as a vehicle for promoting your products?"

First, we have supported LSP for several years now by purchasing an ad on the site. Do you mean to say that this isn't enough to allow us to post some information about new kits from time to time?

Secondly, we try to promptly post information that we think LSP'ers will be interested in knowing. This is done sparingly and only on one other aircraft site.

Third, we respond to input from LSP'ers about which kits to make in the future by, in some cases, actually making those kits.

Fourth, our experiences with sending out build/review samples over the last 10 years has been less than satisfactory. One magazine sold our review samples. Another had an expensive resin kit for over a year without any work being done on it. Some reviewers have not finished the kits before we sold out of them. Tom Cleaver has been consistently good about doing build reviews promptly which is why we continue to send him review kits. I don't recall that anyone from LSP has ever asked us for a review kit. Not saying they haven't, just don't recall it happening.

Last, there have been several reviews of this kit (one by Tom) already along with lots of sprue photos. We sent our only sample out Friday to be built by some professional builders. They will furnish us information and photos which we can make available to web-sites.

This will NOT be a limited production kit. Thanks and

Best Regards,

Ken

PCM, Inc.

Steve,

"Will you be supporting LSP by providing the staff with a sample for review? Or otherwise providing samples to another site, and merely using this Forum as a vehicle for promoting your products?"

First, we have supported LSP for several years now by purchasing an ad on the site. Do you mean to say that this isn't enough to allow us to post some information about new kits from time to time?

Secondly, we try to promptly post information that we think LSP'ers will be interested in knowing. This is done sparingly and only on one other aircraft site.

Third, we respond to input from LSP'ers about which kits to make in the future by, in some cases, actually making those kits.

Fourth, our experiences with sending out build/review samples over the last 10 years has been less than satisfactory. One magazine sold our review samples. Another had an expensive resin kit for over a year without any work being done on it. Some reviewers have not finished the kits before we sold out of them. Tom Cleaver has been consistently good about doing build reviews promptly which is why we continue to send him review kits. I don't recall that anyone from LSP has ever asked us for a review kit. Not saying they haven't, just don't recall it happening.

Last, there have been several reviews of this kit (one by Tom) already along with lots of sprue photos. We sent our only sample out Friday to be built by some professional builders. They will furnish us information and photos which we can make available to web-sites.

Best Regards,

Ken

PCM, Inc.

Hi Ken,

I very much appreciate your input to this site, long may it continue!

Your experience on reviews I'm sure must echo many others of kits not being built on time or indeed at all?

I was surprised to see a request for a review sample for the HK B25J, as you rightly point out, there are no shortages of pictures and opinions, so why would we need one at this time when you've already said that one will be built?

I've already made my mind up on this kit, and I'm suitably impressed enough by the first pictures to buy it.

Putting 'hot' enthusiasm aside, I'm quite sure that others have already made the same judgement as myself by pre-ordering this model in large numbers anyway, so now we just wait!

Keep up the great work and thanks for updating us on this much anticipated kit.

Roy.

Sorry guys - I'm with Ken on this one...

When my site was active I had no sponsors and the vast majority of reviews/content were done off my own back/wallet.

If manufacturers/distributors choose to send out review samples to specific publications/site - that's their decision. I read Kens posting as purely a news item for benefit of members and was not abusing the site.

Iain

Steve,

I don't recall that anyone from LSP has ever asked us for a review kit. Not saying they haven't, just don't recall it happening.

Best Regards,

Ken

PCM, Inc.

Hi Ken,

Can I have a review kit please, pretty please, pretty pretty please :D ha ha

I am glad to hear its not going to be a limited run kit as hopefully that will keep the prices being asked within a reasonable level.

It really is a great time to be an LSP'r as I sit here working on my 1/32 JU-88, watching the Battle Of Britain & having a cold one..........life is good lol.

Happy modelling everyone, Martin

OK folks, let's keep this thread on topic and squarely focussed on the kit that is its subject...please. We appreciate all the support we get from all our sponsors, and whether or not they send us review samples is entirely up to them.

Kev

All, I've removed the last few posts as the tone wasn't all that friendly and certainly not in the LSP spirit. I second what Kevin says "We appreciate all the support we get from all our sponsors, and whether or not they send us review samples is entirely up to them"

Ron

I'm glad to see the LSP staff react in this fashion.

I'm glad Ken shares his intel with 'us'

and.... I'm glad soon I'll be able to build a B-25 large scale.

AND I'm glad this won't be a limited run kit, since I've got too much hay on my fork as it is...

Cheers,

Jeroen