Mig-21MF

LSP_K2

I love what you have done so far. :speak_cool: I wish I could paint like that. :BANGHEAD2: I think painting can either make or break a well built model. Keep up the great work and keep us posted. Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Oh and sometimes when I see the work here, I do not feel worthy to be around such great builds. :bow:

• 1 month later...

OK, I made a vow to myself that this entire weekend (modeling wise), will be devoted exclusively to this project. To that end, here's the beginning of the base; my typical 3/4" plywood with iron on walnut veneer.

012712002.jpg

First coat of linseed oil applied; the walnut absorbed it like a sponge. I used to use urethane on my bases, but switched to linseed oil a few years back; much more natural looking, (to me anyway).

012712004.jpg

Apparently, I had completely run out of mat board :( ,so a trip to Michael's was in order today. Area to represent concrete has been cut, and expansion joints drawn heavy with a ball point pen. Now we paint! Oh boy, I just love painting. :)

012812.jpg

OK, I was wrong, again. Fairing piece on shock cone does fit great, just as I had originally proclaimed. The good news? From what I'm told, any competent psychiatrist can cure what's wrong with me.

012812004.jpg

Work now continues on wings; gaps filled w/Mister Surfacer so that washes don't disappear! I'm also adding tiny fairings for the nav lights from .040 half round. These will then be filed/sanded to shape. I had to move the starboard light; put in the wrong place. :blush:

012912.jpg