Mig-21MF

LSP_K2

I had a wild urge to paint today, so I thought I'd paint CL tank. Taking one last eyeball at my references, I noticed that the aft end of the tank fins are skip welded to body, so I'm adding that now.

020912.jpg

Tank now base coated, but still needs some tweaking. Tank will be gray, not blue like the rest of the bottom, just for some variety. I'm going to try "The Ralph" on this aircraft;... please wish me luck, I'll probably need it.

0209125.jpg

Blue has now been added to bottom of elevon, using a variation of the method I'm trying to copy from Ralph; unfortunately, it's so subtle, it's not real plain in photo, but at least I like the unmodified base color, which was the whole point, plus it's a learning experience for me.

0210124.jpg

I simply could not wait for painting the airframe to begin, so I decided to start picking my colors for this effort. This is the initial color combination I've decided to use, sprayed on the starboard elevon. The only plan view illustration I have of an Afghan Mig differs greatly from the squadron profile, so I intend to just follow the spirit of the elevation illustration, rather than any set pattern. All three colors will be lightened before painting airframe, with the dark brown and green getting the majority of that lightening. (I intend to strip this, then redo while painting airframe.) Thoughts?

0210122.jpg

This is wonderful; while scrolling through the manual for my new little Iwata, I discovered that I can order the triple action handle assembly. This minor conversion of the standard HP-CR will allow for a fine needle set (cheating,... sort of), which is my preferred method of painting. I'm a happy guy.

PagesfromRevolutionIM_REV2b.jpg