Mig-21MF

LSP_K2

Kev

Cammo looks great. Nice discovery with the Iwata. I have an HP- CS and I don't think I can use the fine needle set.I'm sure it will really make the cammo work go much easier.

Peter

Thanks Peter, I appreciate it. I think it'll look fine once I lighten up the colors. I really messed up with the airbrush reference; I had earlier downloaded the manual for the Custom Micron series when I was considering which airbrush to purchase. Page extracted from that document does not reflect the configuration (at all), of the Revolution series, which is what I ended up buying. Bummer.

I feel sort of stupid now. :blush:

I like your 'teaser' tailplane paint :speak_cool:

Derek

It seemed like a good idea to get a visual before I sprayed entire airframe, and I'm real glad I did. The green and dark brown are great colors I think, just too dark for what I'm after. Better to know that now, that's for sure.

I seriously believed that I'd be ready for paint by this weekend, but now I'm not so sure; still a lot of sanding and other bits to do before I can even consider it, though I am making steady progress. (Wings just sitting there for photo.)

0210128.jpg

Headrest now crudded up a tad. I still need to tweak it ever so slightly, (and add stencils). (Not much of an update I suppose, but I can't help myself;... it's sad really) I also added some small gadgets to bulkhead to confuse the eye;... totally legal.

021012A001.jpg

Nice Work Kevin! Migs arent really my thing but the colors once faded will make an interesting camo project and add some character to the Jet. Your hard work on the details is paying off, the pit in particular is most impressive! Keep up the great work,

Paul

As per general opinion, I too think you are doing great (and fast!).

I like the camo too and would go for a huge lot of fadding on it as well as some variation from panel to panel.

Your "Ralph" is visible on the bottom side but it IS subtle. If you go for a heavy weathered AC, I think you can aim for a bit more contrast.

Can wait to see it painted mate!

I just discovered that if you mount these vents where instructions indicate, they'll interfere with fit of wing, (both sides). This is closer to the proper location.Glad I discovered this before attaching.

021112001.jpg

Edited by Typhoonattack1

IP and coaming are now firmly anchored into position, after some grinding, chopping, sanding and slicing, but windscreen (just sitting there for the moment), fits great now. I've also now added data probe fairings to nose, and scoop on crown of fuselage.

021112002.jpg

Nice work Kevin! Your work inspires me!! Keep up the fantastic work!! :speak_cool:

Thanks, I appreciate it. Another great idea gleaned from Ralph is painting the gun sight glass edges with clear green. Tweezer tips were dipped in candle wax to protect clear part while painting edge, (my idea).

021112007.jpg

Well I'm a happy, happy guy; the last of the wayward pieces showed up today! :punk:

What I'm referring to is the ring that will go around the shock cone once it's installed; airframe simply could not be painted properly without it installed, and I was very down about that.

Edited by Typhoonattack1

With intake ring now temporarily set into position, I realize why this was so important to me. Shock cone tabs will not pass through ring for installation, requiring shock cone to be installed first, then ring. Once shock cone super glue mishap is repainted, I will install and finish preparations for painting this guy.

021212001.jpg