Revell 1/32 He 111 P test shots

CharlesMetz

Bogdan I can appreciate your enthusiasm... but this is just a hobby... but, I still fail to understand or grasp how a model that hasn't been assembled by you yet, can have such a glaring error :fight: ... are you by chance the same Bogdan that wants Tamiya to release a 1/32 Fw 190 kit? :tumble:

Let's just be happy with the fact that we now have such an iconic aircraft in our favorite scale! :beer4: :beer: :beer4:

Happy modelling!

Cheers

Alan :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:

Two weeks ago when I visited Guttorm in Oslo, I had a chance to see both the full-size original He111 (I sat in it, I have the photos to prove it ;) ) that was used as the basis for this model as well as the test shots of the plastic parts that were on display at the model show in Letohallen. The plastic parts looked like early test shots anyway, so there were some sink marks and some rough surfaces, but dimensionally, they looked great. Chances are that what we see here may end up being changed and improved in some places. Also, there were a few parts in that box that did not get shown on the internet yet, but let us say that the "P" will be followed by other versions including the one that ravages Bogdan's dreams.

Now, let me make one thing clear: I asked Guttorm what he thought about the kit and he said he was happy with it. Now, that is enough for me. I do not mean to say that Bogdan's opinion is of little importance, but after seeing Guttorm at his work place and after seeing the large amount of data, original documentation, amazing skill and his real-life full-size He111, I trust Guttorm's judgement. Apart from the Ju88, Guttorm also worked as an adviser for Revell on the Arado 196, and they both turned out well. I trust that he did just as good a job with the He111 too.

Radu

Bogdan I can appreciate your enthusiasm... but this is just a hobby... but, I still fail to understand or grasp how a model that hasn't been assembled by you yet, can have such a glaring error :fight: ... are you by chance the same Bogdan that wants Tamiya to release a 1/32 Fw 190 kit? :tumble:

Let's just be happy with the fact that we now have such an iconic aircraft in our favorite scale! :beer4: :beer: :beer4:

Happy modelling!

Cheers

Alan :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:

Hear , hear.......i can fully concur with this comment, i'm really getting fed up with all this b#$*llshit, this is exactly the reason why i almost left this great hobby, the knitpicking before anything has been opened up, and i don't mean the constructive criticism, just this self righteousness by some individuals........and i don't want to be politically correct be saying to those involved: kiss my modelling @ss!!!

Oh, and mr. moderator, ....feel free to delete this at your discretion, i wouldn't care.....

J.

I think this is probably going to be a LOT of kit for the money. Revell is sure to make a good chunk of change if the model and shape are accurate.

That being said, Im no Luftwaffe expert, but I have to agree, I guess Im missing the massive shape misstep(s).

Bogdan,

I think I can safely say we here at LSP are all for constructive criticism here re: a kit; even if it isnt officially out. If someone has seen the production version of a kit first hand, then a well thought out discussion including criticisms free of personal gain or attention, is always welcome and warranted.

Im no mod, and it makes no difference what country your in or what language you speak, but there is an understood code of ethics/acting here at LSP and I dont think personally you are in the spirit of it.

As I said, constructive criticism is always welcome but the way it seems to me, your first interest seems to be being right...

I am sorry to again find a mishap (Like I did with cyber hobby's 1/32 bf 109 canopy test shot, and I was right)

Damn it, I knew i was right!

Unfortunately, your photos prove me I was right.......

I can site other posts of yours in which this seems to be your first objective. Like I said, Im no mod, and if Ive stepped out of turn mods please feel fee and delete this. I just think its important here to be objective and neutral re: this kind of thing instead of having to make sure people know you're guess or opinion was correct first, and continuing the debate second.

No offense or disrespect intended, just being honest.

Just my 2 pence

Brian

Perhaps at this point we should all take a deep breath. I'm with Radu, if Guttorm is happy, I'm able to take it on faith that the kit is accurate. However, rather than continue the disscussion around how the kit is ruined, let's see some technical points made regarding what might be improved. This is ground we've gone over before with other aircraft; post technical points, keep the disscussion on topic, and let's leave the drama elswhere.

Bogdan, If you think you have pertinent technical data, perhaps you should e-mail RoG directly. I'm sure they can be contacted thru their web-site. Some members have asked about you proving your points regarding the nose; perhaps it is time to do so.

First of all I second what LSP_Mike said:

Perhaps at this point we should all take a deep breath

I hope not to get under heavy fire, but having read some posts here I felt very sad about the aggressivness against some other peoples opinion. As mentioned before, this is a discussion forum. Everybody is free to talk about what he wants, as long as it is done in the limits we all agreed to when getting a member of LSP. Sometimes it is hard just to accept someone else´s opinion, but being civilized people sharing a hobby we should try to do so, imho.

Second, people here read what someone else has typed on its keyboard, we don´t hear the words or see the face what normally helps a lot to understand and get the picture about how this person felt when typing the letters. I had a hard time once to learn this, having got in trouble with a good friend just because he wrote me something i misunderstood for not hearing his voice or seeing his face when his words reached me.

@ Bogdan: If you have any information or data you would like to get to Revell you can this by sending me an email. I am in contact with a high ranking staff member of Revell who would be the right man for such constructive information. I´ll gladly relay all information you have.

All the best to everybody here!

Thomas

Hi Alan,

You found the guy, I am the one

Please understand I have got a keen eye when it comes about the he 111 and some other 2-3 planes, but that is all. No need to have the sprues on hand, I can say it for sure after I have seen the molds from different angles and the assembbled model likewise

I wish I was wrong, but all the photos I have been presented so far , with the testshot, confirm I was right in saying the cockpitt glazing is too pointy comparing the real one, it is simply NOT the he 111 Luftwaffe used, but , hey, if you want a mock replica kinda like the one used in BoB movie,then yes, the model is very fit for your taste. :speak_cool:

Regards

Bogdan

Thanks Brad for your support

I for one cannot understand why other take my critiism as a personal offense.

Now, to be more aspecific, please read my first post on this thread. Then please look at the test shot pics that Wurzacher kindly provided, with the model seen from different angles. Please pay a closer look at the last picture with the model seen from above. Please look only at the cockpitt glazing, especially to the line coming from the right side fuselage along the right side cockpitt glazing to the very nose of the plane. It is the glass line that goes paralell to the body of the bombing guy when he is looking through the LOTFE bombing device. You can CLEARLY SEE this line suddenly curving to the left, when in reality it is only slightly bending, making more room for the bomber guy inside the cockpit

YOU WILL BE AMAZED TO SEE HOW MUCH POINTY THE COCKPITT SO PRESENTS, while all the drawings and photoss I have seen with the he 111 clearly show a much more bulbous appearance with the whole cockpitt glazing

This error is seen even within the photos on RoG web page,

I pray this is just a testshot and ReVEll will address this mishap.

Regards

Bogdan

Thanks Brian , for correcting my crossing over line, a bit.

I just intended to underline I am sure it is not a simple guess what I see,

I will revise my attitude towards positive criticism, instead of self righteousness

Regards

Bogdan

Hello Mike

I have done my best to explain myself what the innacuracies consisted of, acording my beliefs

I will contact Revell through their web site right away. I will let you know what Revell will have answered. I hope they will, after all the stuff I have bought from them.

REGARDS

Bogdan

Bogdan,

Others already asked you to show some photos or drawings that illustrate what you mean. I agree.

I honestly cannot see where this "disastruous calamity that befell humanity" has occured in these kit parts. Please show me where this problem is! Please do not skimp on the photos and drawings to illustrate your point.

Later edit:

I mean would you hold in you hands , after 4-5 months of hard work, a model representing the mock version of the BoB movie?

The movie used real flyable Spanish CASA 2.111 whose clear parts are pretty much identical to the "regular" He111. One of these CASAs from the movie is still on display in Duxford (google it!). I would actually love to build a CASA. :D

Radu

Edited by Radub

Hello Radu

You may perhaps lough if I tell you I cannot present drawings here to show what I mean,I am not so good with my computer but you see I tried to do my best to explain.

I hope you did not feel offended by my posts, and that you do not believe I am just a guy looking for trouble

I think everybody got my point when I said the test shots look like the model's glazing cockpitt too pointy, intead of the more bulbous appearance as seen on all the He 111 drawings, especially when showing the he 111 from above

Regards

Bogdan

Hello Radu

You may perhaps lough if I tell you I cannot present drawings here to show what I mean,I am not so good with my computer but you see I tried to do my best to explain.

I hope you did not feel offended by my posts, and that you do not believe I am just a guy looking for trouble

I think everybody got my point when I said the test shots look like the model's glazing cockpitt too pointy, intead of the more bulbous appearance as seen on all the He 111 drawings, especially when showing the he 111 from above

Regards

Bogdan

hi Bogdan,

i can see both sides here - one of the problems is that people do not take into account that English is not your first language, and that sometimes your posts sound "harsh" unless we make allowances

having said that, if you can post on LSP, you should have the computer knowledge / IT skills to scan drawings in and post them here

it really is no good saying "i know this thing is right or wrong because i know so much about this aircraft etc etc" unless you can SHOW PEOPLE WHAT YOU MEAN

otherwise we are just going round and round in circles

if you can't show us, how on earth can you show Revell??

Nick

PS thank you for highlighting a "potential" issue, and i realise your intentions are good :)