Revell 1/32 He 111 P test shots

CharlesMetz

Well regarding aftermarket for every possible version, you may be disappointed

To get to the more common H version, which is the basis for most of those that I presume you are talking about, you need different engines.

Looking at the Ju88, one can see that this alone pretty much knocks a lot of other versions on the head, as the L'Arsenal conversion costs more than the kit, and is only for the confident modeller (not saying it isn't a nice piece of resin mind, just a lot of work and a lot of £$€).

On the bright side, I am sure I read here on LSP (perhaps a link or text from elsewhere) that it was clear from the sprue shots etc that other versions are in the pipeline - this is not something we have heard about the Ju88 A-4 and beyond.

Still, the relatively obscure P version will at least give me an excuse to beef up my Battle of Britain reference book stash - I have The Battle of Britain Then And Now vol.2 in my sights surer than a Heinkel over London! :)

Can't wait for this one, irrespective of the current "51 frenzy" that seems to be going on everywhere else.

Nick

To get to the more common H version, which is the basis for most of those that I presume you are talking about, you need different engines.

I thought it was just an intake that needed to be moved? Anyone know exactly what has to be changed?

"just an intake"....

well the move from DB601 to Jumo211 meant essentially that you are right - the supercharger intake changed sides; i am also not sure if there were subtle changes to the underside of the nacelle, just aft of the radiator

i will leave it to the Heinkel experten (are there any??? ) to go into details (i only know what i "see", not the tech stuff of what they actually did!) but bottom line is that you will need a new engine nacelle i think

not saying it's not possible, just that it will likely be big bucks

sorry i could not clarify further James

cheers

Nick

I have to assume that a little twin Dornier will be on their To-do list. Lets hope the recently discovered wreck gets salvaged so they can get some measurments.

Well, I recently followed an interview with a guy from the British Museum (I think), he said the restauration would cost too much to be worth then just making an exact replica, so for the time beeing they are gathering fund for the excavation, not for restauration

I myself lounge for a revell 1/32 Do 17, but don't believe it will come sooner then 4-5 years.

Meanwhile, a Revell or Hassegawa 1/32 BoB Ju 87 B1/2 would make me very happy. Revell, Hasegawa :help:

Bogdan

Guest Hunter

I'd like it if Revell were to do a new tool 1/32 Mosquito next along the same formula as these recent 1/32 kits from them, but since there is a 1/24 Airfix example out to satisfy some LSP modellers it probably wont happen though, my chosen LSP scale is 1/32 ... maybe a new tool Beaufighter instead.

Well regarding aftermarket for every possible version, you may be disappointed

Looking at the Ju88, one can see that this alone pretty much knocks a lot of other versions on the head, as the L'Arsenal conversion costs more than the kit, and is only for the confident modeller (not saying it isn't a nice piece of resin mind, just a lot of work and a lot of £$€).

On the bright side, I am sure I read here on LSP (perhaps a link or text from elsewhere) that it was clear from the sprue shots etc that other versions are in the pipeline - this is not something we have heard about the Ju88 A-4 and beyond.

Still, the relatively obscure P version will at least give me an excuse to beef up my Battle of Britain reference book stash - I have The Battle of Britain Then And Now vol.2 in my sights surer than a Heinkel over London! :)

Can't wait for this one, irrespective of the current "51 frenzy" that seems to be going on everywhere else.

Nick

I admit to indulging in a bit of hyperbole in my previous post. My point was that this kit has enough possibilities to satisfy just about everyone. Myself, I'm going to be content with the BOB version, and I intend to build at least two of them.

Interesting the way this thread has meandered all around the central topic, the 1/32 Revell He-111 -- kind of like a conversation in a pub after everyone has had a few pints.

I just hope this one makes it across the pond to us much quicker than the Ar196 did (just showed up at my LHS last weekend)! I've got one on pre-order with the LHS, so I'll have to wait until it shows up and just envy you guys that will get it long before I do!

Hello to everyone,

unfortunately I had to cut back my hobby, cause the family-buisness is more important. Sorry, I did not got into this interesting disscussion.

First @ Bogdan:

I already have, but he passed the sprue shots he received from Revell to a friend, and could not have a look at them, to check my problem

He nevertheless got me assured Revell did make much measuring of the Real bird, but he could not stay all the time with the team.

I still hope this is just a testshot, and that revell already envisaged my trouble.

Bogdan

I am sure, you missunderstand Kagemusha's hint in No. 50 to contact me (andreas88), with Guttorm (junkers88a1). :-)

Your reply reads like that. I was not with the measurement-team in Norway, and I never do pass any TS towards someone.

By-the-way: the 32nd Ju 88 A-1 has more outer-shape-mistakes (fuselage, from the cockpit to the very end) ;-)

I think the final TS will arrive soon, and the last shortcomings will be solved.

___

To switch the new He 111 P into a He 111 H you have to have an exact information, if you like to do an early or mid/late "H", cause the early H-engine had a short charger-intake and the following versions had a long one (like a mirrored P-intake).

___

Well, all of you named a lot of 32nd gaps as good follow-ups for the Heinkel. Everyone of them is good for that. And good-and-close guesses, too.

Let us see, what comes up next ... (My next documentation is ready, and will be handed over to Revell, soon. Another real hammer for everyone - trust me, all of you will prey for misty weather conditions to stay home and do modelling)

Happy modelling

Andreas88

Thamks for your comment

I can hardly wait for the model

Well, I got assured there is nothing wrong for the model, regarding my concern (starboard side of the glazing part of the TS looks in my view too bent inside, making the whole cockpitt a bit more pointy instead of a more bulbous one) so I will wait and see the final product.

Please let me know how long we are going to wait untill a Ju 88 A5 is comming in 1/32nd from Revell

Kind regards

Bogdan

Hello to everyone,

unfortunately I had to cut back my hobby, cause the family-buisness is more important. Sorry, I did not got into this interesting disscussion.

Come on, Andreas, you just waited long enough to make post #100 in this thread ;)

No, to be serious, I hope you family related stuff will improve soon. At least I am very glad to see you back here.

Meine allerbesten Wünsche für dich und die Familie!

Thomas

Another real hammer for everyone - trust me, all of you will pray for misty weather conditions to stay home and do modelling)

Happy modelling

Andreas88

The only subject that would truly stop me in my tracks would be a 1/32 scale Buccaneer!!

But then again, you could also stop me with an accurate E.E Lightning and an FG1/FGR2 Phantom too!

However, as these are probably unlikely at the moment I'm sure I'll be delighted with anything in 1/32 scale you might pass my way in the future.

I'm really looking forward to that Sea Lynx model later in the year too.

Yes, I do trust you when you say it's a good one though! :speak_cool:

Thanks for everything you do for us.

Roy.