Bf-109F-2 Finally Done!

After yet another break, I decided to tackle the rest of the PE canopy, the other day. It fought me the whole way and after attaching the rear section no less than three times, I decided to call it "good enough" and put this thing to bed. Here's a few quick pics I took tonight, before the sun set. I like it, warts and all. But, most importantly, I'm just glad it's done. It took.....well.....too long. :thumbsup:

Now that I'm done, the new Hasegawa kit should be released, any day. Go figure. :D

Regards,

John

HansvonHahn109F015-2.jpg

HansvonHahn109F016-2.jpg

HansvonHahn109F020-2.jpg

HansvonHahn109F019-2.jpg

HansvonHahn109F017-2.jpg

HansvonHahn109F018-2.jpg

Original "In Progress" thread can be found here: Build Thread

Great Fritz....

It look perfect a true 109 .I am sure if Mr. Hanh can see it he would be delighted with it :)

One question...smoke rings on fuselage are done free hand or u make some sort of masks ??

Dejan

Very nicely done!

Radus PE actually makes quite a difference from the kit parts and I always love the pimped tail wheels.

My build is languishing some what, but I will probably buy the new Hasegawa one anyway.

Thanks for the kind words, everyone.

To answer a couple questions; the camo on the sides of the fuselage was done freehand, for the most part. I actually started out drawing the circles on the side with a pencil, intending to use them as a guide. However, I found it easier to just freehand it, as trying to follow the pattern was making the paint thickness too inconsistent. That may sound strange, but that's what happened.

The spiral on the nose is a combination of decals and paint. In order to get the decal to lay down even close to where I wanted it, I had to cut it into several pieces. Once I had it as close as I could get it, I applied several coats of micro-sol and then mixed some green paint to match. I used a fine brush to even out any rough spots, the best I could.

I was hoping to get some better photos this morning, but it's really windy today. :) I always wanted to do one of those cool sunrise shots, so we'll see how it goes in the next couple days.

Thanks again!

John

Took a few more shots, this morning. The wind was blowing pretty good and I almost had "lift-off" at one point, so I packed it up again. :( I would love to get some shots with the side panels slid open, but I may have to do that inside. Also, I'm almost afraid to touch the canopy again. :)

HansvonHahn109F024.jpg

HansvonHahn109F021.jpg

HansvonHahn109F022.jpg

HansvonHahn109F023.jpg