NEWS IN HpH !!!

Mirek O

• 3 weeks later...

Tigercat should be ready for E-day in Prague on September, 23rd.

Great news!!   I cant wait...........................but I also cannot hide my distinct disappointment that HpH chose to do this on a +300 kit:

F7F_1_32_HpHmodels_11.jpg

I REALLY wish HpH had chosen to go with FULL brass landing gear instead of pinning a resin one.   :(

+300 ?, there is no official price for the Tigercat so far, but you´re right with the landing gear. Same on the Ta-154 main landing gear.

Just spitballing there. You are correct, as I was probably on the high side, but Im sure someone will try to get +300 USD for one. 

+300 ?, there is no official price for the Tigercat so far, but you´re right with the landing gear. Same on the Ta-154 main landing gear.

Yep, just like the Ta-154, the wet decals" where slightly out of register on mine too which I couldnt see until they where on the model due to the white backing paper!!

HpH put togeether a nice package but for the money we pay for them I wish the would ditch the resin pinned gear and supply metal legs and also give us some nice proper decals or a decent set of masks for the markings.

Regards. Andy

Yep, just like the Ta-154, the wet decals" where slightly out of register on mine too which I couldnt see until they where on the model due to the white backing paper!!

HpH put togeether a nice package but for the money we pay for them I wish the would ditch the resin pinned gear and supply metal legs and also give us some nice proper decals or a decent set of masks for the markings.

Regards. Andy

Im hoping we will have a solution to this problem with the HpH Tigercat soon.   Im not at liberty to bring any details to the table yet, but I remain hopeful. 

Guest Vulcan32

Was thinking about a new front wheel leg, moulding one from brass, doing it by  AutoCAD/CNC.

The result is, that I will cut off the ugly rod and screw the main wheels to a diorama base plate, so that I can adjust the model in a position with nearly no weight on the front wheel. 

Was thinking about a new front wheel leg, moulding one from brass, doing it by AutoCAD/CNC.

The result is, that I will cut off the ugly rod and screw the main wheels to a diorama base plate, so that I can adjust the model in a position with nearly no weight on the front wheel.

If you do design than nose gear I'd DEFINITELY buy one off of you, as I will need one as sure as the sun will rise tomorrow

As a side step: i used the IM gear legs provided with the vacform Tigercat i made, made some adjustments to the main gear assembly and actualy little to the nose gear, and it held, but for the fact that when picking up the model at one time i broke off  the righthand main wheel attachment because it got stuck behind something and if that hadn't happened it would still be ok. (and that happened a few years ago)

Mind you, i used lots and lots of two-component solid material inside the kit, either for balance or wing attachment, in any case the model weight would be close to a resin version, so i'm anxious to see how the HPH kit will turn out.

Anyhow this beauty is on my want list this year for sure.

Jack.

PS, the kit is offered overhere, release date december this year, with an expected price of €259 which should be equal in dollars......

Edited by Jack