NEWS IN HpH !!!

Mirek O

Guest Smitty44

Also the A-20 Havoc?

Also your Hellcat....well one has to dream right?

Hellcat would be like printing money.

Collin

Well there has actually been pictures of the work they are doing on the C-47, but sure I'll take one of each!

Jiri told me, that the A-20 will be released by HGW and they are just doing the work for them. It´s a very slow project.

I will meet him on Saturday and post all the updates in the evening.

Interesting! That would be HGW's first-ever kit release, right?

Kev

The only thing I do NOT like about HpH stuff if the "resin pool" method of making their parts. There is usually a faint striation line where the pool stops and the part starts, but its not always clear. 

The issues start when you have to have something 100% straight (Like a fuselage half) and the parts are REALLY big.  I learned the hard way, when my Walrus fuselage turned out really, REALLY warped after assembly.    

Ive got a really large mirror, and a really large (15 or 20" x 20") ceramic floor tile I found extremely helpful, as they are large enough to put some water down, and or tape, and a large piece of sand paper, so you can sand fuse halves and get them perfectly flat.

The other smaller parts are also a complete PITA to remove from that resin pool. The fit also plays a roll, as if you sand too far, or not far enough, the fit will be off. 

Yep.

Completed HpH builds are comparatively rare. I think this is because the kits look great in the box, but HpH's moulding and construction methods are poorly thought out and overly complicated.

Completed HpH builds are comparatively rare. I think this is because the kits look great in the box, but HpH's moulding and construction methods are poorly thought out and overly complicated.

After my Walrus experience (thankfully the F7F does NOT have two wings to deal with!) I think I am going to try the old  Sharpie marker vac trick when cutting out the resin pool parts.

Im hoping, like when cutting vac, it will give a more definitive line where the part stops and the resin pool starts. Cant be any worse than the way I was doing it. 

After my Walrus experience (thankfully the F7F does NOT have two wings to deal with!) I think I am going to try the old  Sharpie marker vac trick when cutting out the resin pool parts.

Im hoping, like when cutting vac, it will give a more definitive line where the part stops and the resin pool starts. Cant be any worse than the way I was doing it. 

Quite why HpH insist on using the "resin puddle" technique is baffling. It uses a lot of resin & nearly always maximises the surface area mating the part to the puddle - meaning maximum amounts of sanding.

My Walrus fuselage supports were an absolute pain to sand, with no demarcation line. Half were too thick, the other half too thin anf needed replacing with plasticard. 

The most frustrating kit I've ever done and it's put me off HpH, especially at the prices they ask.