PT-22

MikeMaben

Guest Peterpools

Just saw then myself and the PT22 is gorgeous. The inline Ranger powered Ryan is right behind the Kinner radial and I'm holding out for the Ranger.

Looks like it's still Christmas in February, especially with over two feet of snow outside.

Nice! How is it that Hyperscale gets those photos and we don't?

Kev

Perhaps you should have a word with your sponsor about that! (FWIW, I came here, then clicked on their banner on the main page to see the kit info so LSP can get the "view credit" if they are using analytics)

Doug

Edited by DougN

They've done it again, what a super looking model!

This one is also on my list of buys this year, c'mon Paul, next up... a Stearman, you know it makes sense!

Do we have a price for it yet?

Don't forget that Silver Wings are bringing us a Stearman this year! Can't wait!

Regards;

Steve

Gentlemen!

I cannot do the Stearman since I am here in the U.S.A. and Boeing will sue me out of existence .Go Silverwings! they will do a beautiful job of it, and with a bit of luck, a few will make it through Customs before the lawyers get them impounded for breach of trademark. Sad , but true. That is the world we live in.

I tried to link to my pictures of the Ryan on Photobucket , but being the digital dinosaur I am, I could not figure it out. Where are the teenagers when you need them? My smartphone is smarter than me. Sigh. The future ain't what it used to be.

I am happy to report that the decals for the Ryan arrived today , we should start shipping Friday. This is a very good thing since my dog ( he is a very large dog) is hungry and we need to sell a boatload of these things or , well, it does not bear describing.

The ST or PT-20 with the inline engine is well along, and if sales permit, there will be a Firefly Mk.V. to follow.

Thanks to you all,

Paul

I tried to link to my pictures of the Ryan on Photobucket , but being the digital dinosaur I am, I could not figure it out. Where are the teenagers when you need them? My smartphone is smarter than me. Sigh. The future ain't what it used to be.

Hi Paul,

I'm happy to publish your images on the website if you can send them to me.

Kev

Don't forget that Silver Wings are bringing us a Stearman this year! Can't wait!

Regards;

Steve

Is that confirmed? I hadnt realized they had finalized plans on that one.

If so, Im DEFINITELY getting one! (Right after my resin Walrus of course)

Gentlemen!

I cannot do the Stearman since I am here in the U.S.A. and Boeing will sue me out of existence .Go Silverwings! they will do a beautiful job of it, and with a bit of luck, a few will make it through Customs before the lawyers get them impounded for breach of trademark. Sad , but true. That is the world we live in.

Wow really? That kinda bites. Didn't I see a Boeing license sticker on my Tamiya P-51 box as well as the HKM box for my strafer?

Could it be possible that SW got licensing from Boeing like HKM and Tam did?

Id REALLY, REALLY hate to miss out on a 1/32nd model 75. :( Its one of my all time favs.

Edited by Out2gtcha

Great product (again !) from Paul ! :goodjob:

So many new tempting kits coming out (in inverse proportion to the time I have in front of my workbench !) :frantic:

As far as this licensing issue is concerned, I thought the consensus was that aircraft manufacturers could not ask for a licence fee for military warplanes, on the basis that these had been asked for and paid for by taxpayers, and tgis came aitiomatically with a transfer of intellectual property .... Hence they can claim licensing rights for civil aircrafts, but not military ones ...

Hubert

As far as this licensing issue is concerned, I thought the consensus was that aircraft manufacturers could not ask for a licence fee for military warplanes, on the basis that these had been asked for and paid for by taxpayers, and tgis came aitiomatically with a transfer of intellectual property .... Hence they can claim licensing rights for civil aircrafts, but not military ones ...

I don't know for sure Hubert, but I suspect that might only apply to service aircraft; ie, once they're retired from inventory, trademarks rights revert to the manufacturer. That's just an educated guess on my part though.

Kev

Guest Peterpools

It always comes down to the legal eagles. Why Boeing would care about making a few dollars from kit sales is beyond me? Seems it would be good PR for the company to let kit manufacturers freely market models of their products. Of course, I could understand them monitoring how these products are marketed as to insure their name and products are not defamed in any manor.

Edited by Peterpools