1/32nd B-17G 'Aluminum Overcast'

tomprobert

Scratch-built?

:huh:

Kev

As good as. I'll be using the Combat Models vac as a base, but needless to say it'll need a whole lot of work. The base kit is a GE powered F-4E so I'm going to have my work cut out. I'm just waiting for it to arrive from the U.S. and then I'll start a thread.

Hi Tom-

Awesome! Love it!

...Looks like you added the forward nose section halves to each fuselage half before you closed both fuselage sides. Was thinking the same for my build, as my dry fit following the kit instruction sequence created a huge step between the forward section and the rest of the fuselage. Looks like you licked that problem..am I  correct, or did you go down a different path?

Cheers

Pete 

Many thanks for the kind words everyone.

Excellent work Tom! Great to see this one finished. Looking again at the overall model, your landing gear mod was certainly the way to go and makes a huge difference.

Thanks for the motivation to keep mine going too.

Cheers mate,

Craig

Many thanks, Craig. It's only a relatively small mod but it does make a lot of difference to the 'sit' of the model. It was just too 'stalky' to my eyes before, and now it takes on the heavy look of the real aircraft.

Hi Tom-

Awesome! Love it!

...Looks like you added the forward nose section halves to each fuselage half before you closed both fuselage sides. Was thinking the same for my build, as my dry fit following the kit instruction sequence created a huge step between the forward section and the rest of the fuselage. Looks like you licked that problem..am I  correct, or did you go down a different path?

Cheers

Pete 

Thanks Pete, and yes the nose sections were added to the fuselage halves before joining. When I built my first one there was quite a pronounced step which took a lot of getting rid of; this way with the nose sections perfectly aligned with the cockpit area I was only left with very small gaps on the top and bottom of the fuselage at the join line which were easily filled with a small plastic shim and a lick of filler - much more effective!

Tom