• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#46 FunkyZeit

FunkyZeit

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 05:05 AM

Rog, every model can be made great. My only suggestion is manage your expectations. I went into the 219 build with the idea that since it was twice the price of a Tamiya kit - then it HAD to be twice as good. Sure, in some areas it was - but in other areas it wasn't. The 219 kit had me lay up modelling for over 6 months - I'm just now starting to build again. Your experience may be totally different, maybe you thrive on the challenge. Every area that I struggled with, Peter met the same struggles. I may be guilty in saying that it's a bad kit because it wasn't an easy kit. I think I've maybe used the word "bad" too many times when speaking of the ZM 219. The words I should be using are: "it's a hard kit". It's by no means paint by number, shake and bake or whatever other sayings we can use about perfectly engineered kits. I will tell you that the kit itself and all of the challlenges I faced, ten fold increased my skills. So for that, I'm thankful.

Somewhere on these great forums you can follow some of what I'm taking about in my build thread. Around half way through I stopped posting as I was just too frustrated. Nearing the end, you can find some finished photos of it. It's truly a beautiful model.

If you have any questions about the kit or about 219's - let me know.

Justin

#47 Bomber_County

Bomber_County

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 01:41 PM

I think Peterpools was building a a ZM 219 and if I remeber he put it onto the back burner for a bit, maybe worth having a dig.......
Phil.

LSP - On the bench - Tamiya Birdcage, SH Tempest V - hi tech
LSP - Stash - Tamiya Mosquito, Revell Ju87B, 1/24 P51D Mustang

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users