Revell A6M5 Zero

LSP_Kevin

Looks pretty cool Kev. One thing though (not trying to be hyper critical, just noticed because I'm in the middle of the A6M2), you apparently forgot the lights on the wing tops; two green, two red. :) I too intend to tackle the old Revell Zeke one of these days for nostalgia sake; this was the very first kit I ever had in 1/32, when I was roughly 12 years old. Thoughts of this kit in my young hands certainly takes me be back to a better time. I have been re-acquiring old model boxes off and on for several years now.

post-8159-1257089544.jpg

Edited by Typhoonattack1

Thanks fellas!

Looks pretty cool Kev. One thing though (not trying to be hyper critical, just noticed because I'm in the middle of the A6M2), you apparently forgot the lights on the wing tops; two green, two red. :)

Well, I didn't really forget them, I just got...lazy. I still might pull it out and try to add them, as I worked up an idea or two as to how, but I still might get...lazy. I'm pretty sure my kit came in the same box as the one you show!

Kev

Thanks fellas!

Well, I didn't really forget them, I just got...lazy. I still might pull it out and try to add them, as I worked up an idea or two as to how, but I still might get...lazy. I'm pretty sure my kit came in the same box as the one you show!

Kev

Czech master makes lights in various colors, so did another company whose name eludes me. Some of the larger 1/48 lights work OK for smaller 1/32 lights. Just a thought.

http://www.squadron.com/ItemDetails.asp?item=CZ0012

Czech master makes lights in various colors, so did another company whose name eludes me. Some of the larger 1/48 lights work OK for smaller 1/32 lights. Just a thought.

http://www.squadron.com/ItemDetails.asp?item=CZ0012

Thanks for the tip on the lights Kevin - something to remember for next time. In the meantime, I've pulled the model out again and decided to have a bash at representing the lights:

post-3071-1257150498.jpg

I think they look (just barely) acceptable. The Revell kit provides some raised detail for the lights, so I painted them silver, and then built up a bit of a convex shape with white glue. Once that was dry (enough), I painted them with clear red and green respectively. They're a bit sloppy close up, but will pass muster at a glance.

Kev