Thoughts about Possible Future Kotare Releases - NOT a wishlist

MikeC

16 minutes ago, CRAZY IVAN5 said:

I have to agree, but also along the same lines would be a "Jake". The problem with those might be the fact that they may be considered to be too fringe. The Airacobra would be a good choice however. Whatever they decide to do  should prove to be interesting. I'm one of the ones who didn't really want to see "another" -109 but I also wasn't expecting a K either so there's that.

Since they are doing a 109K, my expectation is they will release at least several 109 variants over the next few years I am thinking they can tool a lot of the 109G-k series off this work, I don:t think it would make business sense to do the 109K only.  As I am not cursed with a hoard of Hasegawa or Revell 109s in my clauses, I would buy and build two or three 109s from Kotare.  The K I will order for sure but if they do any of the F and Gs, I expect I will build one or two of those.  

34 minutes ago, Pup7309 said:

Your spot on the Aircobra p39 certainly was an important stop gap in the early pacific war. Gee if they did an early Zero that would be cheeky especially if it sells in Japan - but would have to compete on price. 
Think people might roll their eyes a bit like with another 109 but hey if they do it I’ll buy one. Something Japanese that hasn’t been done in 1/32 is a ‘Pete’. 

Are you speaking to the Japanese taking something of a proprietary interest in the Zero by use of cheeky?  To me that is a they problem, if the Japanese makers wanted to own that market they would tool the planes to the highest standard so that no one else would touch them.  I heard though there was some resistance to Eduard doing the Zero line in 1/48 from Japanese quarters.  

1 minute ago, cbk57 said:

Since they are doing a 109K, my expectation is they will release at least several 109 variants over the next few years I am thinking they can tool a lot of the 109G-k series off this work, I don:t think it would make business sense to do the 109K only.  As I am not cursed with a hoard of Hasegawa or Revell 109s in my clauses, I would buy and build two or three 109s from Kotare.  The K I will order for sure but if they do any of the F and Gs, I expect I will build one or two of those.  

I'm kind of in the same boat as far as -109s go . So many times I almost pulled the trigger on the Hasegawa K  but didn't. I haven't got and F either so if they decide to do one ,I'll grab it. Building -109s for me is like eating peanuts ,ya just can't stop once you start eating them:punk:.

5 minutes ago, CRAZY IVAN5 said:

I'm kind of in the same boat as far as -109s go . So many times I almost pulled the trigger on the Hasegawa K  but didn't. I haven't got and F either so if they decide to do one ,I'll grab it. Building -109s for me is like eating peanuts ,ya just can't stop once you start eating them:punk:.

I have an abandoned Hasegawa F hanging on my wall, I probably am never going to finish it, however one of my favorite paint schemes of WWII were those German Fs with the angular camouflage in which they partially repainted planes that were in Tripical scheme.

11 minutes ago, cbk57 said:

Are you speaking to the Japanese taking something of a proprietary interest in the Zero by use of cheeky?  To me that is a they problem, if the Japanese makers wanted to own that market they would tool the planes to the highest standard so that no one else would touch them.  I heard though there was some resistance to Eduard doing the Zero line in 1/48 from Japanese quarters.  

I haven't heard of the Japanese saying anything about that,[not that I'm doubting you] I wonder why. Are they afraid of the competition to Tamiya and Hasegawa? Hell, Hasegawa expanded their Zero range to include the M8[ of which I read that only 3 were built]. The point is ,they've been putting out Zeros for years . now's a fine time to get possessive about it, if that's the case.

7 hours ago, cbk57 said:

Some have mentioned hoping for a Kotare Zero above, I would think if they did it, the logical starting point is the A6M3 as no one has done a modern rendition of that plane, then do an A6M2 as they could move past Tamiya’s working parts and thus make a superior kit.  Also the Tamiya kit being the first of their single engine kits is devoid of detail in some areas in the interest of working parts.  For example Tamiya did almost nothing in the wheel wells.  Also the cockpit could use a lot more fine detail that we see in modern kits.  

On the other hand while I am normally criticle of Hasegawa, their modern Zero toolings look excellent and so the A6m5 planes are much better represented in a manner that would essentially overlap with what Kotare might do.

lots of P-40 enthusiasts on here, I have mixed feelings there, I honestly think the P-40 highly over rated, however I have built my share of them as I built the Great Wall Hawk 81 as the AVG is one of my favorite subjects, the Hasegawa 1/48 E and the Trumpeter P-40B(with upgraded cockpit).  

Great Wall made the P-40, Hawk 81 quite well but it is truly overly complex and as such Kotare could bring us a much better build.  The P-40 was pretty useful in the Pacific with lots of interesting markings so I could see building a Kotare P-40 or Hawk 81.  Frankly any good AVG plane, I am going to have a go at.

After listening to Gregs Airplanes and autos video though on Soviet use of the P-39, I would nominate that plane as under represented, and under rated.  Apparently is was capable on the eastern front conditions of giving the 109s a run for their money.  

Would that be a A6M3 model 32 or a model 22?

2 hours ago, MikeC said:

Just done so: I'd suggest that's a bit too esoteric.  We're not wishlisting, are we? :hmmm:

Arguably this and other floatplanes were as involved as other types already mentioned in the Pacific. The only thing I’d say is the floats might put it in the ‘too large’ category. 

Edited by Pup7309

13 hours ago, Tony T said:

Don't laugh. If mini art do a delicatessen I am tempted to buy and build the whole deal, with café tables and whot-not. They have quite a range and it might be good for mojo therapy. 

And Kotare can issue a new Brian Lane edition Spitty with a grubby white spinner. More bel paese than cheddar cheese coloured. 

Tony 

I am actually with you on that Tony! - I think a delicatessen diorama would be dandy!

Kind regards,

Paul

21 hours ago, MikeC said:

Certainly agree about P-40s.  What's your reasoning that leads to a Beaufighter as a possibility? Because of course, this isn't a wishlist:)

It's both a wishlist thing and stating a gap in the market that badly needs filling. :D

Cheers,

Michael

6 hours ago, Archimedes said:

As this is NOT a wishlist:

16Qwib.jpg

Kind regards,

Paul

What is it, then? On what basis do you think a relatively new model company are likely to produce this?  Is it going to make money for them? 

2 hours ago, Dpgsbody55 said:

It's both a wishlist thing and stating a gap in the market that badly needs filling. :D

Cheers,

Michael

Agreed that it's a gap in the market.  However, I'm wondering whether it would be a "banker" for Kotare, in the same way as others mentioned might.  And it may well be, but I wonder how many Tamiya or Revell have sold in 1/48 compared to Spitfires in the same scale?

All I have to say to this thread, you guys just make me laugh. :D
Some great ideas and super wish listing again, I would buy some of the subjects myself.

Ok second point, just because I can, how many of you really, no I mean really understand the costs involved in producing a kit, the manufacturers need to look after their own pockets in the first place, have the required reference materials they need and lastly if a person or a group of people do not have an interest in a subject then they just cannot get excited about it and back it with their own cash.

All good points Ali, especially I think the reference material aspect. I often wondered how companies like Silver Wings for instance gather their reference material. Since I was involved in a very minor role with the production of their Tiger Moth, I appreciate how difficult accurate data actually can be. Move this on to their next model, the Gloster Gauntlet, where there is only one surviving example in the world, and that one highly modified engine-wise, and the difficulties increase enormously. 

We are very, very lucky to have people like you who provide us with the extra bits that we need, and if your Chipmunk kit comes to fruition you can 100% be assured of my support.