Border He 111 35th Scale

Mark P

19 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

Those VS-11s look kinda funky, I am excited to see the final result.

Heinkel-He-111-H-6-Border-Model-dn-model

Wonder if the aftermarket folks would even consider creating extras for 1/35 aircraft?  dunno,  Thing is, I've never seen prop blades like this before ,kinda Tulip shaped, but what the hell do I know?  :wacko:

Edited by williamj

6 hours ago, williamj said:

Wonder if the aftermarket folks would even consider creating extras for 1/35 aircraft?  dunno,  Thing is, I've never seen prop blades like this before ,kinda Tulip shaped, but what the hell do I know?  :wacko:

Though I'm not a He-111 expert by any means , those props don't look right.

On 1/2/2024 at 12:51 AM, CRAZY IVAN5 said:

the Revell He-111 isn't in production anymore and haven't read or heard that it will be anytime soon.

A UK kit-dealer has told me that the chances of Revell doing another run of the He-111 are just about zero. How accurate is this? I have no idea, to be honest.

Cheers. 

Chris.  

6 hours ago, williamj said:

I've never seen prop blades like this

As I'm sure other folks have noticed, the RAF Hendon Museum's He-111's prop blades are rounded and the Border CADS appear to be square-tipped. Isn't it a bit early to be hacking this model to bits? 

Chris. 

3 minutes ago, Confusionreigns178 said:

Surely, Border Models could step in to this void and make a very healthy profit. Just saying....

Chris.

Well, CTA has got a sheet out for the Kate, sold out but of course they are. I don't know anything about CTA decals they do seem to have a decent size line for various aircraft in various scales . If the -111s prop blades are a little too squared off ,just a few minutes of sanding stick action will fix that . The rest of the CAD pics look sweet though. I know I read someplace that Begemot was looking into doing some 35th scale stuff , I don't remember where i saw that [ probably hallucinating again] 

As aftermarket goes for the Border kits I have seen only masks for canopies and cockpit interiors. No decal options. Borders decals at least with the Ju-87 and Bf-109 are semi transparent especially the whites. Has anyone seen aftermarket decals for any of the 1/35 offerings?  I had hoped Eagle editions would venture there. 

Paul