Sprue Brothers Lightning Deal: Border Lancaster

Uncarina

My guess is this kit is not a hot seller.  Keep in mind, I think you could get it 25% off at Thanksgiving through Sprue Brothers and it has been on lightning deal more on at least one other occasion in the last 6 months.  While a staggeringly good kit and interesting, it is none the less 4 to 5 times the average selling price of a 1/32 kit.  It is also about 4 to 5 times the size and complexity of a typical 1/32 kit.  I am glad Border made this and released it, the modeling world is a better place with it than without.  However, once these finally do sell out we probably are not going to see another shot at this for many years.  So if you want one, you better get it as eventually you will only be able to grab them on places like ebay.  Eventually the prices will start going up on them.  

Nice one Rick. My better half allowed it ( and me) in the house because I got one at a show for $500. She knew that was a decent deal. She also bought me one or two WNW's kits every Christmas for many years. She is VERY supportive of my hobby and is a very good artist in her own right. 

The finished kit is enormous, and I am starting to tackle the issue of display space. In a few years, I will need space for completed 1/200 HMS Hood, 1/72 Flower Class Corvette, 1/72 USS Gato class, 1/32 Lancaster, Gotha G4, G1, and UWD. AEG G4, and a 1/32 Zeppelin Staarken R6. Plus all the single and two seat WNW's. Wish me luck! :rofl:

oops, almost forgot. Add a 1/100 HMS Victory to that list too. (:o)

Edited by europapete