Mirage WW1 Emil und Franz set: wow!

thierry laurent

Hi guys,

I received yesterday various goodies including this cheap set (17 euros). I did not know what I would get for that low price as the box art was not very attractive and their plastic kits were far from terrific but... This is actually an incredible high value set!!!

For the price of a 54mm figure, you're getting the very nicely resin printed accessories listed hereunder (for German two-seater planes):

- one late war pilot

- one late war observer reading a map

- one mechanic carrying an oil tin on a ladder

- one fitter intended to hold a camera

- 4 small bombs (12.5kgs)

- 2 Maxim MG08/15

- 2 Parabellum LMG 14

- 2 Parabellum LMG 14/17

- 4 MG round magazines

- one ICA FK1 camera with clear resin lens

- one ICA FK2 camera iwith clear resin lens

- 2 camera lens caps

- one folded zeltbahn

- one ladder

- one pilot helmet

and you also get four color pages of cleaning/assembly instructions with some reference wartime pics as well as a two-sided printed Zeltbahn and three maps!

There are also very detailed color instructions and a picture of a wartime aerial picture of a battlefield with a lot of additional information.

The printed parts are exquisite! Moreover the anatomical features of the figures are far better than what the box art is showing. Useless to say this set is highly recommended for any Wingnut German two-seater kit!!! As this is the reference 32001 we can hope Mirage will quickly enlarge that range because the quality/price ratio is the best you could get!

Hth

Thierry