*** Finished*** 1/32 Hasegawa & Montex -Focke Wulf Fw-190A3

Tolga ULGUR

1 hour ago, mywifehatesmodels said:

Looking good!

When Montex released these conversions, years ago, I purchased both the A-3 and A-4. I used the A-3 to do an A-2 and that set had quite a "bow" to each fuselage half. Thankfully, it went together without any real issues and the build was pleasant, overall. I still have the A-4 conversion and I do intend to build it. With the release of the new ZM A-4 kit, it's kind of lighting a fire under me to get it done, as I can't justify buying another A-4, until I build the one I already have (but I am also still holding out for a "basic" version, if they ever do it). In short, I think Montex did a great job on this conversion and they can certainly be made into a great looking model. Yours is already well on it's way!

John

Thanks John

So far I've made an Aa3 (export version of A3) and an A4 with these sets. I agree with you, Montex sets are really nice. I think the person who made Montex's resin molds has stopped working (I hear that he has health issues) and so these products are now almost impossible to find.

ZM's new kit is too expensive for me, maybe the basic version would be suitable.

• 2 weeks later...