1/35 scale Dora railway gun

Paul2660

• LSP_K2 changed the title to 1/35 scale Dora railway gun

This makes me think that a 1/35 scale Anzio Annie would be a cool build...   with figures of course.  But not random figures.  And not tanks and infantry all-round.  But the true stuff of artillery...  cannoneers and all of their many tasks.  Or a bunch of guys with their hands over their ears and one dude about to pull the firing lanyard.

Well……damn! That’s uge! George Lucas would’ve loved to get hold of some of that structure back in the late 70’s

With that many big boxes he’s gonna need a couple of cats.

all jokes…all the jokes I could think of, aside, I think it’s too big for a household display piece? Looks like the kind of thing that should be in a museum or legion hall.

but thanks for posting the link.

21 hours ago, Gazzas said:

This makes me think that a 1/35 scale Anzio Annie would be a cool build...   with figures of course.  But not random figures.  And not tanks and infantry all-round.  But the true stuff of artillery...  cannoneers and all of their many tasks.  Or a bunch of guys with their hands over their ears and one dude about to pull the firing lanyard.

I think my pal has something similar in mind for his recently acquired kit. Both Trumpeter and Tamiya, probably others as well, make dedicated 1:35 artillery crew figures.

5 hours ago, phasephantomphixer said:

And I was unsure where i'd put my Leopold!

Not to take anything from thread, but always wondered what the receiving end

from one of the mega guns looked like...

There’s a scary thought that I hadn’t considered…probably looked a lot like hell on earth after one of those rounds dropped