He-112 B-0 over Spain 1:48 LF Models

Kriss

A holiday project has just landed on my workshop, namely a German on holiday in Spain. And the protagonist of this workshop is the Heinkel He-112 B-0 in 1:48 from LF Models together with an add-on set like this:
LF3D4802 He-112B-0 upgrade set
CM4802 He-112 canopy mask
PE4807 Heinkel He-112B-0 over Spain
EDUARD Seatblts Luftwaffe WWII fighters

And this is what the contents of the box look like, the glazing nice and transparent. What more can I add? Everything can be seen in the pictures, and the camouflage painting will be.

cAGSj3C.jpg

Y25WIVx.jpg

sXxbnlw.jpg

VLXwcs2.jpg

LTyq8r7.jpg

sH1e88J.jpg

uVsAMq1.jpg

21RHjiq.jpg

Preparing for painting, I pre-fitted and the model elements fit very well. The only drawback, if you can call it a drawback, is that I have to stitch the trailing edge of the wings because it is a little too thick when I put the two wing halves together.

VYMZZl3.jpg

I've had a bit of time off and have laid down a few colours, now there's nothing left to do but put the finishing touches to it all. The most work will be on the instrument panel and it's a pity that the manufacturer didn't give the clocks at least a decal sheet.

u2iQBtp.jpg

14 minutes ago, Alain Gadbois said:

Nice start!

Looking at the wing shape, imagine the confusion if the He 112 had been flown over England during the Battle of Britain!

I hadn't thought of that, but the confusion would have been considerable.

This is how the interior of the cabin looks like, at it I also made the tailwheel compartment as well as the engine outlet. The pilot's belts are from the Eduard kit, and the clocks on the board are what I made from what I had on hand. I also looked in the documentation what the original looks like and that's what I suggested. And how it is put together you can already see in the pictures, I have no problems with it the parts fit.

dMkdfL6.jpg

p7czQTA.jpg

Chassis compartment assembled painted and waiting to be put together. The only thing I wondered about was the colour of the gun barrel cover, as in a few photos it was darker than the rest but in most it was the same colour as the recess. In the end the decision was made and I painted the whole thing RLM02. The super thing is the separated control surfaces, it brings the model very much to life.

mgdrhSw.jpg

And here we are on the last day of the holiday and the model will be put together today, for now there is a fuselage and wings and a loose tailplane. I have gently drawn the joints of the model parts with liquid putty to even them out and shaded the trailing edges because they were too thick for me. But the fit is like LEGO bricks which makes me very happy. So there is nothing left to do but to polish it and put it together.

eSG5l9k.jpg

I got the sanding and polishing done. I put the model together and the geometry too. Putting everything together managed to be done without putty. I've laid down the primer and that's the kind of marbling I'll do on it. I'm curious to see how I'm going to do with the masks, as the masks from them for another model were almost a failure, but I'm hoping that these are okay.

omFDrBt.jpg

There is already a target colour on the bottom, for now the model is still in parts for easier painting. And the control surfaces will be pivoted because the manufacturer made them as separate and it saved me time to cut them out. That's it for today, I'm off to continue my training at work.

Gqw985k.jpg

The photo probably says it all, but the RLM63 colour has been applied and protected with masks. The control surfaces are only on the tape gripped. The masks only stick well to the flat surfaces and on the curves I additionally gave reinforcement from TAMIYA tape and where not I helped myself with it.

ffW6nj2.jpg