Italeri Macchi C.202 Folgore. FINISHED… well almost!

quang

8 hours ago, LSP_Kevin said:

And yet, I am - but I'm not a wizard! How does that work?

Never mind, Kev. It was a tongue-in-cheek nod to 1939 film classic, The Wizard of Oz :P

IMG-4102.jpg

Edited by quang

1 hour ago, Dpgsbody55 said:

Love the open window too.

Thanks Michael.

Now that the canopy is in open position, nobody will notice the window! But that’s the name of the game, ain’t it? :D

Thank you @Rocat @MikeMaben @thierry laurent @MikeA for your kind words.

For all my wizardry, I couldn’t transform the serials and the tail inscriptions supplied in the kit. I merely doctored the kit decals (Aeronautica Macchi to Aer Macchi and an extra line of script) and cowardly left the kit series number and serial unchanged.

IMG-3803.jpg

IMG-4044.jpg

I also noticed the A.S. (Africa Settentrionale) below the serial meaning that the machine had been tropicalized at the factory with the addition of a sand filter AND gear bay dust covers. Therefore I should have used the supplied covers instead of playing smart ass with the bay interior.:unsure: Live and learn!

On the other hand, I’m pleasantly surprised at my attempt to retrograde the Italeri trenches to the past century Monogram raised panel lines. Modern modellers would disagree but they look more fitful to my 70s eyes.

To sum it up, it was an engrossing but nevertheless enriching experience. I did learn a few things, tried some others with at the end, a rather satisfying rendition of Signor Castoldi’s beautiful brain child. Who can ask for more?

Thank you all for stopping by and accompanying me on this bumpy ride.

Until next time,

All the best,

Quang

Edited by quang

I've been following your WiP closely and I have to admit that the "armored canopy glass" episode scared the hell out of me!  
I could never have removed it the way you did.
Great job!
Bravo to you for this magnificent montage, the sleek, flowing lines of this hunter are particularly well reproduced and enhanced by your paint.
Well done!

:clap2:

Edited by Furie

5 minutes ago, Furie said:

I have to admit that the "armored canopy glass" episode scared the hell out of me!  

Haha! I always had this thing with canopy glass. Sometimes I can’t help fiddling with it.

There’s this old Vietnamese saying: Don’t go in the rain if you’re scared to get wet! :P

Thank you for your kind words.

Cheers,

Quang

On 10/19/2023 at 2:24 AM, quang said:

Never mind, Kev. It was a tongue-in-cheek nod to 1939 film classic, The Wizard of Oz :P

IMG-4102.jpg

Great build there Quang , some really neat work going on ...the canopy especially was a great idea. 

That picture above though ...no heart ...no courage ...no brain ...no idea where she it .....it's politicians yeah ?

2 hours ago, Panzerwomble said:

That picture above though ...no heart ...no courage ...no brain ...no idea where she it .....it's politicians yeah ?

That’s what they call a subtext nowadays ;)

Bonjour Quang , j'ai enfin réussi à me connecter de nouveau ! 

Je voulais chaleureusement te féliciter pour la réalisation de ton Folgore avec ce camo très agréable en couleurs et original .

J'ai bien lu que tu aimes trafiqué les parties transparentes , mais alors chapeau pour ce grand courage  :punk:.

Comme toi me suis trompé pour les carénages de baies de trains , mais comme cela on peut voir tout le travail de tuyauterie;)

Encore toutes mes félicitations :clap2:

Edited by jimvit
Vocabulaire