1/20 VF-1 Valkyrie from Macross

artoor_k

Hello,

I really hope that you don't throw me out of here :D

If never build FB23 was allowed then why not Valkyrie? It was well designed, for tv anime series but still...There are rc models of it so it is airworthy...

So...Im taking a risk of ban and starting  it here:D

Here is the box, I cannot make a photo of it in any other way.

BIrNNxe.jpg

Because ejection seat consisted of only few parts Ive made a cushion, some details and wires based on original Kawamori's drawings.

Fxl9Tsa.jpeg

kXfg91A.jpeg

34 minutes ago, brahman104 said:

I'm a big fan of the tv series, looking forward to seeing this one getting built! Where did you get this one from btw? I wouldn't mid getting one myself one day.

I assume it doesn't transform between the 3 modes?

Craig

I bought mine in 2021 on ebay, it's from Max Factory/PLAMAX, in HLJ shipping was three time more expensive than model itself. It's discontinued at the moment but I'm pretty sure that you'll find one on ebay.

No, it doesn't transform but You can buy it in three configurations separately: fighter, fighter with additional armanent (FAST packs, cannons etc) and gerwalk also with FAST packs.

As a general fan of Japanese sci-fi, I like this kind of stuff!  So yeah, let's see it!  Is there a way to get an overall view of what this project entails?  How many parts are we talking about here? Three versions... which one are you going to build?  Is it a snap-together kit or glue required?  Once built, will it have posable or movable features?  Pilot figure included and is he/she anime-styled?

9 hours ago, Thunnus said:

As a general fan of Japanese sci-fi, I like this kind of stuff!  So yeah, let's see it!  Is there a way to get an overall view of what this project entails?  How many parts are we talking about here? Three versions... which one are you going to build?  Is it a snap-together kit or glue required?  Once built, will it have posable or movable features?  Pilot figure included and is he/she anime-styled?

Here is in box:

https://imgur.com/a/0TOdCUh

Number of parts? Well, honestly, I don't know...

I will build fighter version without any additional armanent-as I said, two other versions are sold separately. It looks like a snap kit but glue is more than needed. Wings and exhausts are movable. Pilot is included but seated in cockpit and with helmet on. Also, there are three metal rods which are inserted into landing gear struts.

Nice to see another one of these kits being built.

I've got the Strike Valkyrie as previously mentioned and will be adding lights to mine. 

Will you be lighting your build? 

For those interested, this pic might give you a better idea of the size of this kit. 

Here's a bottle of Tamiya paint inside the engine bell.

image-L.jpg

On 7/6/2023 at 9:03 PM, BloorwestSiR said:

Nice to see another one of these kits being built.

I've got the Strike Valkyrie as previously mentioned and will be adding lights to mine. 

Will you be lighting your build? 

I hope I'll be able to add lights for cockpit and exterior of airplane. 

Now I'm fighting with airbrake interior. Sadly, design drawing aren't clear so I have to use 1/48 model as a basis.