Airfix Spitfire v2.0 - Finished.

Stokey Pete

I’ve a feeling of déjà vu with this thread. I have a new kit winging it’s way to me as I write this, and will be restarting my entry as soon as it arrives. 

52725829073_47f8141849_b.jpg

I have the OneManArmy stencil masking set so the only decal used will be the nose artwork. 

Edited by Stokey Pete

I’m ripping through this at top speed. Lessons learned from the now recycled, old build. 

52837831016_5f8fb26683_b.jpg

The main spar added to the wing, positioned better after using the old wing to identify my fit mistakes. 

52837791061_131d4bacb0_b.jpg

Big improvement in fit here after I thinned the fuselage formers, and the bulkheads. There’s an almost invisible join across the whole fuselage this time round. 

1 hour ago, BradG said:

Nicely done. Time spent prepping for putting major parts together always saves double the time filling and sanding.

Double bubble time savings too, because I know which parts of the internals not to paint. I know what will and won’t be seen. 
I’m pretty much just sticking bits of plastic together until it’s time to paint the exterior. At this rate, I’ll have it finished in a couple of weeks. :lol:

44 minutes ago, Zola25 said:

You are racing through this one - nice!

What happened with the first one? - I must have missed that..

/Niels

I took a tumble in the modelling room, reached out to grab a surface to arrest my fall, took out the Spitfire in spectacular fashion. I reduced it to a pile of scrap plastic under the weight of my fall. It was an epic fall, one of those moments that Jon Woo should have directed in slow motion. :lol:

2 hours ago, Stokey Pete said:

I took a tumble in the modelling room, reached out to grab a surface to arrest my fall, took out the Spitfire in spectacular fashion. I reduced it to a pile of scrap plastic under the weight of my fall. It was an epic fall, one of those moments that Jon Woo should have directed in slow motion. :lol:

Oh dear.. At least it wasnt the Lancaster you took out :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Shoggz said:

Gosh Pete, you are a quick worker!

You've got two Spitfires further than I have got one.. :o

I’ve only built half the kit to be fair. Al the stuff you can’t see when the panels are all in place…..haven’t been built. 
There’s no gun bay stuff, no engine apart from the bare minimum to hold a turning prop’, and gear up. 

Looking good - it’s quite an area to paint isn’t it!

Where did you get your MRP stocks from Pete? It seems to be like rocking horse droppings currently - certainly the popular colours anyway.

I try and use Premium Hobbies so I can get my ‘Nigel’s Modelling Desk’ discount, but they seem to be struggling with stock - probably understandably!

22 minutes ago, Shoggz said:

Looking good - it’s quite an area to paint isn’t it!

Where did you get your MRP stocks from Pete? It seems to be like rocking horse droppings currently - certainly the popular colours anyway.

I try and use Premium Hobbies so I can get my ‘Nigel’s Modelling Desk’ discount, but they seem to be struggling with stock - probably understandably!

Try https://www.mjrmodelsandhobbies.co.uk/

It’s where I get all my MRP paints from, their stocks are kept up to date pretty well, and they have virtually the whole range. Plus, if I’m in the area, there’s an actual model shop to visit/browse/buy from.