*** Finished*** 1/32 Bf 110 C-6 Revell + AIMS conversion

Tolga ULGUR

2 hours ago, scvrobeson said:

I'd say more than acceptable as a first attempt at the squiggles

Matt 

12 minutes ago, monthebiff said:

Very nice, I would say leave well alone it looks very nice to me and you may regret playing around further. Don't forget you will bring the whole scene together with some weathering!

Regards. Andy 

Thanks a lot for your comments and advices, appreciated

15 hours ago, Tolga ULGUR said:

It's my first attempt at Squiggles and I can't say I'm very skilled at it. Not completed yet. There will be some additions and corrections. But right now I'm not sure if I can come up with anything better than this. Your comments are important. Is it acceptable as it is?

105.jpg

106.jpg

107.jpg

108.jpg

109.jpg

110.jpg

111.jpg

112.jpg

113.jpg

114.jpg

115.jpg

116.jpg

If you are not "skilled" at squiggles then there is no hope for any of us.  Your work is exceptional!

9 hours ago, LSP_Kevin said:

That's some skilled airbrushing in my view, Tolga. Well done!

Kev

5 hours ago, amurray said:

If you are not "skilled" at squiggles then there is no hope for any of us.  Your work is exceptional!

2 hours ago, MikeMaben said:

It looks like the artwork to me Tolga. Like Andy said, it will look better after markings and weathering.

Thanks a lot, appreciated

I think the squiggles look quite nice Tolga.  I agree with Kevin that you are skilled with an airbrush; it is tough to get the density the same and to avoid making the squiggles too fat or too thin on the ends of them, but you did so brilliantly.

Ernest

One must remember that those applying the paint jobs on these aircraft in WWII were the equivalent of high school dropouts.  Desert camo (not the norm in the dark forests of Germany) were applied on the fly to match the local pilots' and intelligence officers' view of local camo.  They applied paint of varying quality under trying circumstances of extreme heat and dry humidity, not to mention the occasional bullets flying around their heads.  They were effective in doing so but not many were college art majors.

And when all else fails there is the modelers' refrain of "artistic license."

You're doing great!  :clap2:

the squiggles look great! Steady on! Desert camos are the best. The first model i ever built was 1/72  BF-110 in the 1970s. My dad built a spitfire in 1/48 (my mom went to the store to get the kits and had no idea of scale). I felt disappointed that the spitfire was so big compare to the 110. He had to explain scale to me. But never built one since but the Revell kit is a must do as I love the plane despite its (often unfair) criticisms. The cockpit looks awesome. I love the Quinta stuff. No problem with that as they are easy to use and would never get there with decals or painting otherwise.

4 hours ago, Greif8 said:

Very nice airbrush work Tolga!

Ernest

23 minutes ago, monthebiff said:

Very nice Tolga, the markings are really bringing the scheme together nicely.

Regards. Andy 

Ernest and Andy

Thanks for your comments, appreciated