*** Finished *** 1/32 Pacific Coast Models Hawker Hurricane Mk.1 Early L1599

Tolga ULGUR

13 minutes ago, mozart said:

Looks like it’s all going smoothly Tolga. I think I’ve read that the fuselage needs to be flatter immediately behind the cockpit rather than still a curved hump……but I could have dreamed that (sadly I do plan and “think” about my models in my sleep!) :wacko:

Thanks Max 

Yes I read the thread you mentioned somewhere.:coolio:
I'm going to do some work in this area without exaggerating.

This area behind the cockpit was often known as the "dog kennel".  Brian Fawcett produced a correction set for the Revell Hurricane which included a replacement dog kennel which I have, and may use though I haven't checked how it will fit on the PCM models:

7njLdO.jpg

oBjP8Q.jpg

PUqfAi.jpg

Edited by mozart

1 hour ago, mozart said:

This area behind the cockpit was often known as the "dog kennel".  Brian Fawcett produced a correction set for the Revell Hurricane which included a replacement dog kennel which I have, and may use though I haven't checked how it will fit on the PCM models:

7njLdO.jpg

oBjP8Q.jpg

PUqfAi.jpg

Yes it seems that it may work with some surgery on PCM s kit.

I will continue without touching this area further. I think it will not attract too much attention since the sliding canopy will be over here.

59 minutes ago, dennismcc said:

On the fabric wing PCM kit I did have to sand down the dog kennel quite a bit to get the sliding part of the canopy to fit, not just the height but the width as well.

Cheers

Dennis

That’s good to know Dennis, I’m planning to have F/O Brooker getting into his Hurricane so the canopy needs to be open. Think I’ll need to do a few measurements to assess the fit of the Fawcett dog kennel. 

Just now, mozart said:

That’s good to know Dennis, I’m planning to have F/O Brooker getting into his Hurricane so the canopy needs to be open. Think I’ll need to do a few measurements to assess the fit of the Fawcett dog kennel. 

If you don't end up using it Max, send it my way! I've got several old Revell kits to contend with yet...

Kev