I'll jump in.. 1/32 Hasegawa A6m5 Zero Type 52

hworth18

Cockpit is complete, I like to add pilot figures, so the box pilot has been assembled and installed. I inserted the cockpit from underneath the fuselage as per the instructions. I have to say that this new tooled Zero kit really is a feat of engineering. It's been a joy so far to assemble and everything has been so smooth so far. (The cowl is not glued in yet so I can add the gunsight.)

I have one question that I am not sure about. I was under the impression that the gear well would be that metallic blue/green color but Hasegawa says it should be IJN Gray? Is this correct? 

52603414409_9a5b01c63a_b.jpg 52603584335_2373114e26_b.jpg

Edited by hworth18

20 minutes ago, Juggernut said:

For Mitsubishi built aircraft, the  main wheel wells will be the underside (J3 SP) color.  Nakajima built A6M’s will have aotake in the main wheel wells. 

Thanks!! I wasn't sure and I wanted to get that somewhat right..lol

11 minutes ago, D.B. Andrus said:

You're a building machine, Harry!  Beautiful work.

Cheers,

Damian

Haha Thanks Damian, I don't know about that, but this kit is just falling together. VERY, VERY Tamiyaesq and one of the best/easiest Hasegawa kits I've ever built.

But I've probably just jinxed myself..lol

Edited by hworth18

1 hour ago, Troy Molitor said:

Love the figure painting. Wow.   Welcome to LSP and thank you for sharing your first build with us.   

Thanks! I don't consider myself much of a figure painter, but I try..

6 hours ago, MikeMaben said:

Hi h , does the pilot come with the kit ?

Lookin' good  :thumbsup::popcorn:

Thanks!! Yes, the pilot is included. It also comes with a "gear up" option. I was tempted to make this an in-flight model, but I think I'll keep it grounded.

10 hours ago, Juggernut said:

I just noticed you’re building a Zeke off the Junyo in June of 1944.  Not many, if any of these survived the Turkey shoot.

Good to know, I hadn't read the history of this aircraft. Thanks!!

29 minutes ago, hworth18 said:

Good to know, I hadn't read the history of this aircraft. Thanks!!

I gotta clarify a little bit further... The Mariana's Turkey Shoot (Battle of the Philippine Sea) saw most of the 652nd air group shot down but the zero's did slightly better, not losing as many as the torpedo and dive bombers.  The unit was disbanded after the battle though.

REFERENCE: 652nd Kokutai