1/24 Lunar Module

Maxim61

I've always wanted a large detailed LM with interior and since I'm not getting any younger lashed out and bought a resin printer and decided I'd print my own LEM. Attached are the first two pieces of the press so to speak. The smaller piece is the insert for the interior. I'll update as I go as I have about 100 pieces to print. What you see in the two pics took 14 hours to print so it's going to take a while.

52570867053_457909db3a_b.jpg

Edited by Maxim61
Fat fingers

• Maxim61 changed the title to 1/24 Lunar Module
1 hour ago, Archimedes said:

Great start Maxim61!

Ummm why have the mods moved this to ‘Non-LSP Works’? I think the Apollo LEM commanders might have something to say about that.  The thing had to be flown down to the surface after all…

Best regards,

Paul

I don't think it matters which way you turn your head, how hard you squint, or how severely you torture the semantics: there's just no way you could call this an aircraft, in even it's most generous definition. In fact, for modelling purposes, it would be classified as 'real space'.

Kev

• 1 month later...

As much as I'd like to help you out, I bought the files and and cannot on sell them or copies. You can get a 1/32 LEM through Shapeways though it's expensive.They are from the same files. Search for Vincent Meen as he designed and created the files.

• 2 months later...
On 4/22/2023 at 3:48 AM, Smokeyforgothispassword said:

Just going to give this thread a little bit of a bump, no pressure Max, but I NEED an update :)

Thanks for the interest. I have been busy printing parts so not much to show presently. I have completed about 70% of the 300 parts of so for the LM including the rover. I have also begun printing a 1/24 CSM to go with the LM. You can see how large the LM is with the ruler as a guide. It's big. All the trays in the background are parts that have been printed. Don't let anyone tell you resin printing is cheap. I've already consumed about $400 in resin plus about $100 in IPA.

52709873656_4441dcc3b9_b.jpg

Edited by Maxim61

I'm still amazed no company released 1/32 Apollo kits since Revell did the capsule more or less fifty years ago! This is one of the greatest human challenges we know and whereas we have kits of obscure prototypes we do not even got a LEM! I thought this would come in 2019 as documentation is easily available and the resulting model would not be that large... Another thing I cannot understand :doh:

46 minutes ago, thierry laurent said:

I'm still amazed no company released 1/32 Apollo kits since Revell did the capsule more or less fifty years ago! This is one of the greatest human challenges we know and whereas we have kits of obscure prototypes we do not even got a LEM! I thought this would come in 2019 as documentation is easily available and the resulting model would not be that large... Another thing I cannot understand :doh:

Agree, I'm also amazed that a 1/32 LM was never made. I started to print one and then decided I might as well go all out and go 1/24 scale to display a complete interior.

• 6 months later...

Hi all, well a small update after a long hiatus. I  have now finally completed printing the ascent stage of the LEM in 1 /24 scale. About 110 pieces in total with full interior. It is a lot of work adding supports etc and a lot hours in printing and resin. The descent stage is about 80% complete and the lunar rover is about 90% complete. Now I can finally start building !

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53298565197_50f6630515_b.jpg

Edited by Maxim61