A5M4 Claude - Special Hobby kit - FINISHED

denders

Hi Paolo,

Thanks. The Kagero book is very nice. It was nice to read the history of the aircraft. There are some cockpit photos and various color illustrations in it. The Maru Mechanic #28 book is useful too, but of course, it's in Japanese. There are several very useful illustrations from the Maru book in Kent's build thread which I linked above too.

Thanks Ernest. Yes, it should. Kent's looked very nice. I'll see whether I can come close. :D

No painting for a few days, it was -3.6F (~-20C) here this morning and only forecasted to reach +12F today. A little better tomorrow. And of course, company is coming today. I'll have to have 'fun' going to the airport later to pick them up (son and daughter-in-law). :clap2:Looking forward to it, especially Christmas with the grandsons (almost 3 and 7). It should be fun. :yahoo:

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, the engine is done.

0jja4M.jpg

Next to create the cowling supports.

qAZfpw.jpg

As Kent noted, the double sidewall causes problems. Also make sure the MG charging handles don't get too high or they cause problems with closing the fuselage halves. The resin piece that contains the MGs and holds the IP has problems with the double sidewall too. So, on to closing up the fuselage.

Edited by denders