1/35 Boeing AH-64D Apache from MENG

LSP_Kevin

7 hours ago, John1 said:

That would mean the competing kits would be identical but that doesn’t seem to be the case here.

One thing I like about the Meng kit is that you have the option to display the Apache with the rotor blades folded.  Nice touch, prior to this, I would have left off a blade (or two) so the thing would fit on my shelf.  

That can be a space saver,but this chopper is never seen with blades folded,don't know if it has real option for this,except maintenance/removing the blades/rotorhead

20 minutes ago, iaf-man said:

That can be a space saver,but this chopper is never seen with blades folded,don't know if it has real option for this,except maintenance/removing the blades/rotorhead

When they’re transported in C-17’s? 

26 minutes ago, iaf-man said:

It’s likely for Transport/Storage on most versions. It’s a feature used on the British Apache for operating from the Royal Navy Ships. Often seen with them folded on deck when on Operations. Granted, this kit isn’t the British version of the Apache but lets hope there’s one following.

Edited by ade rowlands

8 minutes ago, ade rowlands said:

It’s likely for Transport/Storage on most versions. It’s a feature used on the British Apache for operating from the Royal Navy Ships. Often seen with them folded on deck when on Operations. Granted, this kit isn’t the British version of the Apache but lets hope there’s one following.

didn't know that,it's not that it's a navalized version,isn't it?probably transporting as well.manual folding?

7 minutes ago, iaf-man said:

didn't know that,it's not that it's a navalized version,isn't it?probably transporting as well.manual folding?

The WAH-64 is the British version of the Apache. It has different engines to American produced Apaches and probably other things too, I’m far from expert on these things. It wasn’t specifically ’Navalized’ we just operate them from ships when required. They are still owned and operated by the Army. Blade folding is probably a manual process.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AgustaWestland_Apache

Edited by ade rowlands

• 7 months later...

I might get one to see how it compares to the Takom kit.  It looks like it might be easier to build, and the CAD shows that it has the old ORT gunner’s sight.  Hopefully they also have the helmet sensors and proper detail for the beacon lights on the side of the engines.  However, the test sprue shot of the rear cockpit bulkhead seems to show they ran the gasper hoses back into the bulkhead, just like Takom did.

On 11/1/2022 at 8:07 PM, John1 said:

That would mean the competing kits would be identical but that doesn’t seem to be the case here.

One thing I like about the Meng kit is that you have the option to display the Apache with the rotor blades folded.  Nice touch, prior to this, I would have left off a blade (or two) so the thing would fit on my shelf.  

The first two Takom kits of the D and E (not the E of the World kit) also have the blade supports and folding option.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...