1/72 Revell Sunseeker Predator

The Madhatter

thanks guys :)

Got some more done 
Starting with a basic lighting job for the instrument panel. I glued on 3 pre-wired SMDs to a piece of 1mm sheet styrene and then painted them clear green. The glass panel is sanded clear sheet with the decals stuck on the top. I was not able to get the glass to sit closer to the frame which is annoying me but there is nothing I can do about it. If I were to do it again, I'd cut the sanded clear sheet to size and put it into the frame and not use a single panel. I many try cutting some clear and place it on top of the frame instead. That could work
As you can see, it's pretty messy but it diffuses the light perfectly. I have just the right amount of shine.

IMG_8580

IMG_8583

IMG_8584

Also been spending a large amount of time masking

IMG_8598

Speaking of woodwork, I've been working on things like a table and interior. However, I think I may have screwed up the main frame and painted the wrong parts wood and not the actual wood. Now that I have worked out how it's meant to be against what Revell tell you it is, I can play around with it. I'll make some pillows out of Milliput as the couches look like they've been lifted from Barbie's place. I mean, just look at that single chair - it does not look like its worth $1 let alone $10k. I would so love a resin printer and the skills to use it right now....

IMG_8589

IMG_8590

IMG_8593

and finally, just an over view

IMG_8596

IMG_8594

One final thing I will say, and that is age has not been kind to this kit (not that my storage of it helped any). Dry fitting has really shown some issues ahead. Lucky me....
Well, that's it for now. As always, thanks for stopping in and having a look
Later
Si

Thanks Tom! Sadly, progress will grind to a halt in a week or so for about a month as I'll be demolishing my much loved, crappy shed. I have to another one to go up but its nowhere near as big as what I have now. 

• 2 weeks later...

hi all

I have a problem that I really need help with. If I can't fix it, it'll have to be stripped and that would be a huge shame as I do not have enough red to start over

I sprayed on what I thought would be the last clear coat (Gunze spray can) and this is what happened:

IMG_8601

IMG_8603

As you can see, it's gone all hazy and white and left what looks like an oil spill on the hull. I have absolutely no idea how or why this has happened but I need to fix it. Anyone got any thoughts on this?

Si, wish I knew for sure, but you might mask off the uncloudy sections and apply an additional clear coat (from a different bottle than the one you used) over the cloud. Sometimes this makes it disappear. Hope this helps!  

Tom

Edited by Uncarina