1/16 Takom M50a1 Ontos with interior

Ryan

It is neat looking but so many more significant subjects that would work in 1/16 from that era.  What about an M113 series?  Tons of cool variants spanning 50 years with that subject size should be okay also for 1/16.  

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

Give it time, I'm sure a lot of subjects will be released.

It's interesting, and cool, but the armor I'm primarily interested in, is WWII German stuff, and those kits seem to be growing in number every day. I'd also like a Russian JS-2 and JSU-152 (already have the T-34/85), and to grab another 1:16 US M16 half-track, German Kubelwagen, and I'd be a very, very happy guy.

I like the Ontos in 1/16 very much. With a couple of Marines, it could make a nice Hue vignette that wouldn't take up huge space. The other one I had never heard of, and seems a very odd choice considering only 2 prototypes were ever built.

On 5/12/2022 at 3:39 PM, eoyguy said:

I like the Ontos in 1/16 very much. With a couple of Marines, it could make a nice Hue vignette that wouldn't take up huge space. The other one I had never heard of, and seems a very odd choice considering only 2 prototypes were ever built.

A land based naval gun turret on wheels?  Fire one and mess up the aim of the other side.  Crab walking backwards as the guns are fired.  LOL

• 11 months later...

Nobody has posted since this was delivered.  

I’ll be starting mine today.  The only thing wrong,SO FAR,is,NO ENGINE!

Is it a conspiracy between the aftermarket cartel and Takom?  LMFAO! I’m going to start her anyway.  I’ll leave the hull loose,so WHEN the aftermarket engine update is released,I can install it. 

Im building in honor of 2 of my M/L Brothers who served with this “Thing” in Nam. 

Their only comment? DO NOT stand behind it when she fires!  

On 5/12/2022 at 2:12 PM, cbk57 said:

My ideal 1/16 kit at the moment is probably a SAS jeep.  SOL model makes it in resin.  I am leaning toward getting one.  

Probably easier to convert the Takom 1:16 Jeep?