Rules of the Road

Welcome to the Clear the Shelf of Doom Again Group Build!

Runs from December 1st 2021 - May 30th 2022.

Large scale aircraft that have found their way to the shelf, closet or draw of doom, abandoned and dusty. Pull them out, it's time to finish them off. The usual 25% rule is rescinded for this GB, so any started LSP kit at any stage is eligible.

Have fun!

Kev

Can it be a (not so old) finished kit that will be deconstructed and reconstructed into another model of the plane to save it from the SoD ?

I have a finished Spit Mk IX that I plan to convert into a Mk XIV (as I am building a brand new Mk IX to replace it). Is it eligible ?

Edited by discus

2 hours ago, discus said:

Can it be a (not so old) finished kit that will be deconstructed and reconstructed into another model of the plane to save it from the SoD ?

I have a finished Spit Mk IX that I plan to convert into a Mk XIV (as I am building a brand new Mk IX to replace it). Is it eligible ?

I'm going to have to say no to this one, sorry. 

Great subject for the group build guys. This could be just the impetus needed to kick start a mojo recovery plan. :hmmm:

Unfortunately I have a few stalled projects on the back burner (some for many years-_-) so perhaps I can participate in an attempt to get back into my scale modelling? 

Thanks for adding this GB to the forums.

Cheers.

9 hours ago, denders said:

What about my F-105G from the "Cold War Aircraft" GB from back in 2019 or 2020 that I haven't finished yet? Otherwise, I don't have anything LSP that could even remotely from a shelf of doom.

Dave

Yep, that qualifies. If you can find me the link, I can move it for you.

Kev

I think I'll join in with my dust-covered A-9A build..... Should I start a new thread, or is moving the original build thread preferable? Thanks. PS- the original thread had now-dead Photobucket links, if that makes a difference.

5 hours ago, Lee White said:

I think I'll join in with my dust-covered A-9A build..... Should I start a new thread, or is moving the original build thread preferable? Thanks. PS- the original thread had now-dead Photobucket links, if that makes a difference.

How much work did you get done on it? If the photo links are dead, then I'm inclined to say start a new thread anyway. Otherwise, moving it here would be preferable.

Kev

1 hour ago, LSP_Kevin said:

How much work did you get done on it? If the photo links are dead, then I'm inclined to say start a new thread anyway. Otherwise, moving it here would be preferable.

Kev

Yeah, it's around 85% done at this point. I'll try and find the original thread, see if there is anything usable.