Alan Clark's beautiful large scale scratch built models

Jo Fox

On 10/13/2021 at 2:45 PM, GeeBee said:

Fantastic models ! Pure art. What is this (NAVY ?) plane looking like a '30s racer ?...

Alan says it's a "Navy Wright NW1" - built in 1922 by the US Navy for the 1922 Pulitzer Race.

Edited by Jo Fox

Wow, Alan. Masterful work. I am particularly impressed by the Blackburn Firecrest, the MB.5, and the Westland Whirlwind. I absolutely love your models. And thanks to Jo for posting them here. Looking forward to the Walrus! 

Thor    :ph34r:

On 9/10/2021 at 12:40 PM, Jo Fox said:

Alan Clark showcase aircraft models

Alan is loving hearing all of your messages :)

Do let me know if there is anything you'd like to know from him at all? I'm seeing him regularly so can share on your questions.

Thanks so much for your help with the advice on image posting

Jo,

I see Alan is quite a fan and very proficient at open panel modeling. How does he make them look so finished and refined. And how does he clean up parts to achieve this look? I’m doing my first open panel project, lots of Dzus fasteners, avionics boxes, and ribs exposed. Any advice?

On 10/29/2021 at 9:15 PM, Alan Clark said:

G'day Alan!!  Welcome to LSP and thanks for sharing your beautiful models with us!  

You sir are our modelling legend..... thank you for all the years of inspiration for us through Scale Models Magazine (for those of us overseas and before the internet!)

Cheers Anthony

• 1 month later...

Hi Alan, just found this thread, wondered if you recalled corresponding with my late father about Concorde and his photo etched brass Bristol Fighter. I still have the model, and a couple of photos of your Vickers 253 you kindly sent to him. Sadly Dad passed away in 2009, but when we visited the various models shows, always hoped to see your latest masterpiece! Thanks for decades of inspiration!

Tim Perry

• 3 weeks later...