F-86 Mig Mad Marine

Ayovan

I started off by modifying the wings. I cut the length down and added wing fences to convert to the F-86-F-30 wing (6-3 wing)

SQxdUx.jpg

Next I glued the leading edge slats in place, then filled and sanded them smooth to the wing and added the wing fences. The wing fences were made from PE scraps.

pXMIMt.jpg

Edited by Ayovan

Kinda sux, I tripped over my oxygen hose while holding the fuslage. It wernt pretty!!!  :blowup:I went down like a sack of potatoes and broke the fuselage pretty good. Fortunatly I found both  left and right fuselage sprues on flea bay, and ordered them up. I should get them by Tuesday next week. The F-86 is my all time favorite airplane, and I want to do this up right. Breaking the fuse kinda took the wind out of my sails on this one. 

EDIT: Hasn't been one of my better days for building models.

Edited by Ayovan

47 minutes ago, JT68 said:

Thats no good mate!....so long as you didnt get hurt in the process!

Better luck second time round.

Cheer's,

Jeff.

Thanks brother,

Most that was hurt besides the fuselage, was my pride....

It was a good thing I was home alone, as I said a few things that would have made the devil blush. It's all good now, but I think I'll take a break from this one for a minute or two. Need to regain my mojo. :beer:

Andy

Edited by Ayovan

Definitely not giving up Mike. Just need to regroup. I think everything I need is on the 2 sprues I ordered except the nose gear wheel bay, but I think I can salvage that. I need to find another Avionix F-86-f30 cockpit set and another interior PE set for the cockpit, since I broke the  stick and lost it and one rudder pedal to the carpet monster. I'll get all my parts n pieces together and get back to it. Like I said the Sabre is my favorite airplane, and I want to do it right. 

On another note, my Gloster Meteor showed up on my porch today. I might start futzing around with that till I get all my F-86 stuff re-accumulated.

Andy 

Looks like a promising build, and I see you have gathered some quite interesting stuff, to help further improve it. Of course, there is always room for a few more, nonetheless, I think the Hasegawa kit is a good base to start your work.

A friend of mine used to tell me that the older kits tend to have more crisp details than their reruns.

Looking forward for this one!

On 4/11/2021 at 10:37 AM, Scale_artisan said:

Looks like a promising build, and I see you have gathered some quite interesting stuff, to help further improve it. Of course, there is always room for a few more, nonetheless, I think the Hasegawa kit is a good base to start your work.

A friend of mine used to tell me that the older kits tend to have more crisp details than their reruns.

Looking forward for this one!

There are really only 2 choices for a 1/32 F-86F. Hasegawa and Kinetic/Italeri. From what I have read, both kits have their shortcomings (never had the Kinetic/ Italeri kit), but the Hasegawa looks more the part so the, story goes.  IDK....It would be great if someone were to produce an accurate high end kit of such an iconic aircraft. 

Andy

Edited by Ayovan