Harrier GR.7 Trumpeter 1/32

FreightDog

I had hoped to record building the Flightpath Houchin GPU unit as well as the Harrier, but it was by far the hardest thing I've tried to assemble, and I never really knew when I'd finished each stage as I had to keep re-doing everything. Oh well. Displayed on 2x Coastal kits vinyl bases. Only extras used on the Harrier were some Airscale decals for cockpit gauges and Flying Leathernecks det cord.

I’m aware the loadout is inaccurate for an RAF Harrier, particularly Snakeyes with laser Mavs. I’ve never seen an RAF Harrier without fuel tanks but it’s my favourite mount in DCS (those who know, know ;-) so I’ve done a fictitious what-if. I also think the GPU is probably too old a model but was the only type I could find so I’ve gone to town on the ageing, as opposed to the jet which I tried to be subtle on as they all looked quite clean in real life? Lost the 2(?) supplied rear view mirrors at some point probably when fighting the det cord.  Thanks for looking.

rzSf50n.jpg

HiZrhxB.jpg

hL8RjXD.jpg

01Nsu6z.jpg

SbaPJcy.jpg

Ob4kNlW.jpg

SwRxTUM.jpg

5wHbees.jpg

Edited by FreightDog

4 minutes ago, Mark M said:

very nice mate, Mavericks were used on Harriers, i have photos somewhere of a 41sqn Hack hovering with them at coningsby

Thanks, yes I thought I might get away with the mavs but def not the t.e.r on the inboard stations, I thinks that’s a US config. Damn I miss this aircraft!

• 3 weeks later...