for those of you that built the revell sturmbock are the eduard brass landing gear worth it?

dashotgun

having had a bad experience with  the  stock gear on  the hasegawa 190d requiring a transplant.  I used the sac gear and they were okay but the white metal  leaves a lot to be desired.  The eduard gear is pricy at 20 bucks plus shipping 1/2 the cost of the model.  Lately i have trying to avoid a lot of the ams however I do like to photograph the models and requires some handling .  So  are metal gears really needed it is not a heavy model and if so are the brass ones worth it?

3 hours ago, Thunnus said:

And yes, SOW does offer replacement legs for the Revell 190A kits...

HOO6Lp.png

SOW has its own sub-forum so you can go there to see the complete catalog and how to order.  

https://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?/forum/103-synthetic-ordnance-works/

Thanks John for the link, my 190 build ground to a halt ages ago due to the quality of the Eduard set.

Regards.Andy 

thanks the eduards look so good though,  I received the sturmbock from ups today the  landing gear legs look nice but are a bit flexible.  I am going to order the  Sow legs just as $ as the eduards but I  like supporting  one of our own .  I  am not sure all of my models need legs but replacing the fw190d was a bit of a pain so will go ahead with these or sac

I think the Eduard gear legs are well worth it, I've used them multiple times and never had any problems whatsoever. I do have issues with them on Revell's 109G kit. The gear leg attachment part is too think and has to be sanded down to fit properly.

1 hour ago, hworth18 said:

I think the Eduard gear legs are well worth it, I've used them multiple times and never had any problems whatsoever. I do have issues with them on Revell's 109G kit. The gear leg attachment part is too think and has to be sanded down to fit properly.

On my set of the 190 the attachment points where so oversized and I did not like the casting flash to be removed. Lots of very hard material to be removed and no fun so no thank you from me.

Regards. Andy 

9 hours ago, Greif8 said:

I used a set of SOW landing gear on my recent Fw 190 A6 build and was very impressed by them.  The fit was perfect, there was zero clean up and they look outstanding.  

Ernest 

Thats good to know Ernest, I have pinged an email over to SOW to order a few sets!

Regards. Andy 

23 hours ago, hworth18 said:

good to know one  plus one minus  monthebiff could have gotten a bad one. I saw someone on  lsp britain used one beautiful

Edited by dashotgun

7 hours ago, dashotgun said:

good to know one  plus one minus  monthebiff could have gotten a bad one. I saw someone on  lsp britain used one beautiful

That is what I'm thinking.. I have built 3 Revell 190's and used the Eduard gear legs with absolutely no issues at all. None of mine have had any flash and all fit snug with the first application. I have them on my current build and they are great.