Trumpeter 1/24 Hawker Hurricane Mk.I.

mpk

12 hours ago, mpk said:

Thanks mate. He's only 18. I recall doing some stupid things at that age. :)

I just learned not to use Japanese decal fluids with Techmod decals. They're too strong. I practised with the set I'd bought by mistake. I'm glad I tested them. Micro sol is best. 

8yRjxD.jpg

XNa9bU.jpg

SlXfLb.jpg

fdOYEg.jpg

SfyXVT.jpg

vxWH31.jpg

XvUlMU.jpg

SVSEmP.jpg

Always used micro sol products on decals rather than the more aggressive solutions. Techmod decals are superb arent they but need some careful handling to! Great work Dale a d your perseverance is paying off.

Regards. Andy 

Thanks guys.

This morning I went out on a limb to try something out. Unsure what goal I had in mind. The light today is overcast ant it's hard to see. I'll likely sand it way back. I think I've lost control over it.

My exhausts arrived from Mad Monkey. :)

UIFM2r.jpg

The model as it looks now.

:blink:

dZG2am.jpg

pJ5dBD.jpg

D9Q6pD.jpg

Ckq1Uy.jpg

1nEjV2.jpg

Yeah it became very busy. I'm taking a day off tomorrow to head south. I'll tidy it up on Wednesday. 

I'm going to travel a different path with the hurricane. I wasn't happy with it. I'll strip it on Wednesday. 

I'll wing it and hope whatever I do looks okay.

I thought about placing it in Finnish markings. Sadly it seems Finland didn't fly Gloster hurricanes.

Happily the model is large enough to screw with. 

:)

Well I failed to head south. 

I noticed a gap had appeared. I mentioned to Gazza the other day that I've begun using Vallejo plastic putty.

It took less than 10 seconds to fill this gap. I used a toothpick to slosh some putty into the gap and wiped the excess away with a damp cotton bud. Slosh. Wipe. Done.

dvc9zO.jpg

1 hour ago, Panzerwomble said:

You are paint stripping again:o your perserverance is impressive & it mus be costing you a bomb in paint :D

At this stage I'd be tempted myself to throw matt black car rattle can at it and declare it a nightfighter !!! 

Hey mate.

This build is a practice for the next hurricane I build. So I'm trying different methods. 

What I am having trouble with, surprisingly, is the spitfire. I've tried 4 kits and just lose interest. This is problematic due to it being a birthday gift for a British friend. To be honest, I'd rather give him the hurricane. 

If the kit I build is good enough it shouldn't matter. He's not paying for it. The Tamiya Mustang or the Special hobby Tempest would do. I've never had this problem before and suspect it's related to my brain damage.

Thus far I began Spitfire Revell  Mk.II, Mk.IX.

Hobby Boss Mk.V. Tamiya Mk.IX. 

I'm going to close my spitfire build in the Group build. It's the wrong time. I don't want to waste my Tamiya spitfires. 

The surface details on the Hurricane seems to be standing up well to the paint / repaint ,it  looks all well defined still. 

Hitting a brick wall on a particular subject is familiar to me . I've launched two 1/48 Sea Harriers - both the abysmal Airfix kits I honestly could not find the will to do anymore than give up . Same with Rodens 1/48 Gladiator , two attempts both ending with them being binned in frustration as not fit to continue, despite them being a decent kit .  I think sometime just loose the mojo with a subject , or in my own case aircraft altogether for several years . 

Sounds like your suffering from "Spitfire block" ...the old adage of if you are not enjoying it , move on perhaps ? The Mustang might be more engaging . 

Failing all that a nice bottle of wine !